No announcement yet.

Need Your Help!!!! Daycare Issue in My Neighborhood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are always two sides of the coin - as long as the daycare providers have customers follow the same parking guidelines/traffic rules and supervise the children in aftercare while they are outside everything should be fine. Problems of safety for the children and others in the neighborhood do arise when people are not paying attention to the speed limits, have to maneuver around excessive amounts of children in the road (at my house at least 15 under 10yrs old wandering and creating challenges for drivers) on others property and so on. So while there are the technical considerations of why a person is allowed a daycare in a neighborhood there are the traffic/safety and property values of the owners that also come into play.

Reading your posts have helped me to try more to see both sides.

Comment

in total agreement w/everyone!! curious tho, why is everyone posting as UNregistered ::

Comment

I also agree with the comments and I too wondered why everyone was posting as unregistered?
        I can understand worrying about noise and additional "traffic" but I wouldnt make a stink about it until it actually is a problem, and then just mention something to her about it. You cant stop her from doing this and why should you? There really isnt much you can do about it!

Comment

I have a feeling that your real reason is that you don't want child noise in the neighborhood. If everyone has been there for 30 years, I would assume they are elderly and would rather a quiet street. I have to say, I hope your 'neighborhood meeting' cannot interfere with her plans. She has every right to open a home daycare and she is doing everything by the book. Shame on all of you.

Comment

LOL - she has five kids and only one is with the man she's with now. that is NOT a safe environment! ::

sounds like my nosey ass neighbor. she knows i have a child from a previous relationship and i wasn't married to her dad when i had her. she was talking about her own daughter who is grown one day and said, "she's a good girl though. she's going to get married and everything before she has kids."

it didn't even hit me until later, but i was like.....yeah, i should've said, "well, u don't want her to be a wh*re like me!"

some people really do have too much time on their hands. my neighbor conveniently checks her mail every time i walk outside and if one of my kids isn't in school for an appointment or something she'll say, "oh, is school out today?!" one day i'm gonna say, "nope. i just don't make them go if they don't feel like it!"

leave this woman alone and get a LIFE!!

Comment

If she is required in your city to have a permit, the only thing you could do would be to go to the city council and express your concerns to them, though they would probably give her her license anyway. Your best course of action would be to try and be a good neighbor and make her feel welcome. If she does get licensed and there is a true nuisence document your findings and again go to the city council. If you notice any safety issues, contact her licensor. However, if she already has 5 children of her own, the kids have come to the neighborhood, enjoy it! Personally I wouldn't want to operate a business where the neighbors are so hostile, to bad she didn't check it out before moving in.

Comment

Don't forget to notice guys that this thread is two years old!

Still, I have a hard time believing someone actually asked that here!
                Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSabre25 View Post

nice observation. ugh - i hate that!

Comment

WOW!! Thats all I have to say....Wow. OK maybe not ALL I have to say, Im just sorry for her ( I have some neighbors who are just so nosey and rude as well, so I know how she feels). Poor woman is trying to make a living in a down economy while raising her children. And who cares who the father of her children are, as long as she is a good mother!!! People make mistakes, some people make that mistake more than once, you dont know her past and what happened to those relationships. (And just to clairify, children are not the mistake). You should just be happy that she is jumping through all the hoops to get it done right. They are not easy hoops to jump through either, they are a lot of work. And as for the parking/street "issue", maybe you should just get off your high holy than thou horse and go over there and support her and tell her that you are concerned about the parking and ask her to keep the drop off/pick up visits short as to not gum up the works. Good luck to her and you can let her know all us Daycare Proviers here on this forum are cheering for her! God Bless.
                    God Bless,
                    ~Brookers~

Comment

::::::HAHA!! Thats funny! I didnt notice that, just saw it as the most recent thred!::
                      God Bless,
                      ~Brookers~

Comment

The thread so nice, it's been featured twice!
                        Attached Files

Comment

That's what I was just getting ready to post!

Comment

There won't be 12 cars all at the same time - they will come and go at different times throughout the day most likely.

If she's approved, there's nothing you can do about it.

Also, I'm pretty sure her 5 are counted in that 12 anyway, so that's 7 additional. Most likely at least two of those will be siblings (probably more), so that cuts down the number of parents yet again. I wouldn't worry.

Comment

my new motto - if people would worry about their own family half as much as they worry about everyone else's - we wouldn't have a fraction of the problems we have!

i wonder what my nosey neighbor's daughter is REALLY doing while she's so worried about my kids being out of school or the brush pile on my land.

seriously, i couldn't tell u what color car half of my neighbor's drive cus A) i don't care, and B) i don't have time to notice!

Comment

Agree with Complaint

I have the same situation in my neighbor hood, but only worse. Dealing with traffic, people parking in my driveway, rude parents speeding in and out of my street. Constant noise, people idling there diesel trucks for 5-10 minutes, the whole situation is a nuisance. If someone wants to have a large daycare, then it's not approriate in a neighborhood. They should get a facility in a commercially zoned area. I feel for the person delaing with this issue. People talk big when it's not going on next door to them!

Comment

Working...
                                X