Need Your Help!!!! Daycare Issue in My Neighborhood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Your Help!!!! Daycare Issue in My Neighborhood

hello at all, wont get into specifics of location names or anything. Here is what is going on:

a new neighbor moved into neighbor about 7 months ago, (this is a close neighborhood with most residients being there 30+ years) the person who just moved in wants to start a daycare. The whole negihborhood is protesting it and does no want it to happen. We are trying to stop this from happening and need your help.

so far the person has been approved for 12 children day care, person passed the fire inspection as well and codes inspection. We also check with codes and they have permits for daycare and for the building they have built for the day care. The person already has 5 kids of her own and only one of them is by the person she is currently with. This would not be a safe envorminet for the kids.

The street is a small street and alot of times there is cars parked on both sides of road allwoing only one lane of traffic. one neighbor owns a contruction busniess and he often brings home large contrction items for short periods which no one has a problem with but with that and all the cars it is hard to get thourgh sometimes and if we add 12 new cars would be nightmare.

what can we do to not allow this to happen in our neighboorhood?

what has already happened:
    codes is up to date, passed fire inspection, passed codes inspection, had meeting with neghiboorhood but since so many protesting had to reschedule, had second meeting but due to the outrage had to reschedule, have a final meeting coming up

any help would be great and sorry about spelling was in hurry

America the Free

Sorry but if she's done everything she needs to for licensing, she can have her daycare, that's her right. Sounds like you are less worried about the safety of the children and more worried about any inconvenience it might be to your parking space. And what does having children by different fathers have to do with her ability to care for children? Sooo her relationship with the first father didn't work out, THAT'S what you think makes it a bad environment for the kids? And a neighbor brings a few construction things home from work, so what, sounds like his problem to me. Personally I think you and your neighbors sound like a bunch of snobs, and if I were her I wouldn't care what you guys thought either.

Comment

"The person already has 5 kids of her own and only one of them is by the person she is currently with."

What does the aforementioned statement have to do with her being a qualified childcare provider????

"This would not be a safe envorminet for the kids."

What validates this statement???

"...if we add 12 new cars would be nightmare."

The cars would not be a permanent fixture, it would only be parents dropping off and picking up their children at various times during the day.

It seems as if you are prying into her personal life and trying to use it against her, it also appears that you are trying to regulate/control what she does in her home. Personally, its none of your business. If she is not breaking any laws and she is following the city ordinances, there is nothing legally that you can do. She can however take you to court for slander/liable among other issues.

Comment

I'm not quite sure if you really wanted help here? This is a pro-daycare board. I would never, not in a million years help your protest! She is doing everything correctly and by the book so why should you have a problem with it! Is it that you don't like children? Ya know some people don't, quick solution........move!!!! Maybe its the noise, once again simple remedy........buy ear plugs. Oh no, Its got to be the cars? If 12 children and all there parents are in my house at one time, I will not be present cause my house would be a mad house!!! Here's are my words of advice, and i hope you find it very "HELPFUL" Relax and don't sweat the small stuff, leave her alone and let her make a living. Who knows you just may need her one day!!!!

Comment

I am with everyone else here - you are way out of line! A person has a right to start a daycare if they meet all the requirements and follow the rules. You haven't provided one sound argument as to why this women shouldn't be allowed to operate a daycare. I hope she is very successful and you fail in your ridiculous attempts to prevent her from supporting her family.

Comment

As long as she is not abusing the kids and they are safe you should butt out of her business. Maybe she can't afford to go to work and pay for daycare for all her kids so to not have to pay for her own daycare and bring money in she is starting her own daycare she maybe only trying to survive in life so I would butt out of her life and maybe get a hobby to keep your mind off things that don't concern you.

Originally posted by babyrobin View Post
            hello at all, wont get into specifics of location names or anything. Here is what is going on:

a new neighbor moved into neighbor about 7 months ago, (this is a close neighborhood with most residients being there 30+ years) the person who just moved in wants to start a daycare. The whole negihborhood is protesting it and does no want it to happen. We are trying to stop this from happening and need your help.

so far the person has been approved for 12 children day care, person passed the fire inspection as well and codes inspection. We also check with codes and they have permits for daycare and for the building they have built for the day care. The person already has 5 kids of her own and only one of them is by the person she is currently with. This would not be a safe envorminet for the kids.

The street is a small street and alot of times there is cars parked on both sides of road allwoing only one lane of traffic. one neighbor owns a contruction busniess and he often brings home large contrction items for short periods which no one has a problem with but with that and all the cars it is hard to get thourgh sometimes and if we add 12 new cars would be nightmare.

what can we do to not allow this to happen in our neighboorhood?

what has already happened:
            codes is up to date, passed fire inspection, passed codes inspection, had meeting with neghiboorhood but since so many protesting had to reschedule, had second meeting but due to the outrage had to reschedule, have a final meeting coming up

any help would be great and sorry about spelling was in hurry

Comment

The cars are not parked there long enough to cause too many problems. If she is a good caretaker then I would mind my own business.

Comment

I must say that I feel so sorry for your neighbor who is putting in such a much needed business. She is new to your neighborhood, and this is how you are going to treat her? Shame on you! She has done nothing wrong, in fact, she has done everything right. As for the parking, her clients won't be parked long enough for there to be an issue. You came to the wrong place for advice.

Comment

Shame on you

That's all I have to say. Shame on you. I feel sorry for this lady, moving into an established neighborhood where it sounds like everyone knows everyone and she's the "outsider", and you've stated everyone is trying so hard to keep it that way. It's none of your business at all about how many kids she has and how many fathers there are involved with those kids. And the traffic thing.... cop out. Your real concern was the number of different fathers her kids have. That's it and that's all. I'm licensed for 10 kids, and the most cars I've had in my driveway at one time is two because of the staggered times that kids are dropped off. Try supporting her in her endeavors if you can get over the fact that you've already passed judgment on the woman, which was not your to pass. You obviously privied yourself to information that took a while to get, because I dont know a single person that says "Hi, I'm Mary Jane, and I have five kids with five different fathers" or however many fathers the case may be. How much time exactly did you spend with this new lady, acting like you were her friend to get all of this information? Wolf in sheep's clothing. Shame on you, and your neighbors. You might do us all a favor and post your geographic location so we all know NOT to move there.

Comment

Hello

I am so encouraged by the responses you all have given this daycare provider..I had a mom and child visit my daycare yesterday and she thought this was about my daycare..(after reading I doubt it) But on the other hand there is a daycare provider in my area that I feel is capable of creating lies about my business...I find my flyers scribbled on, taken down, hers looks more and more like mine everyday......I find it disturbing that someone that's supposed to be loving, kind and nurturing to children could have so much meaness in them..Everyone has the right to have there own business to support they're families..and no one has the right to sabatage them..I have not lashed back at all..because that is Not who I am and I choose to be the better person..I just replace my flyers and carry on..Best to you all.

Comment

Here is a question for you. If you are so worried about this woman's 12 daycare parents parking to pick up their child and that means less driving places, then why don't you ask the construction guy to stop bringing home his equiptment and taking up so much space? I'm sure his one dump truck or whatever takes up at least 3 parking spots and half a road. Another thing SHAME ON YOU! If this is how you treat people trying to make a living loving children then you better stay away from mine because I wouldn't want you to take care of my children with that kind of meanness in your heart. I just think you are afraid of getting to know someone new. Sounds like maybe some insecurities on your part. Just my opinion though. I just want to add good luck to the neighbor and I hope she gets her daycare up and running soon.

Comment

personal issue....

I have to agree with all the other comments. This is NOT a 'daycare' issue - it's a personal issue with you. You need to not worry, unless she opens a brothel!
                        Ms.Sue

Comment

I agree with every1 else. Who r u to protest against her daycare! You shuld just be lucky she is trying to get licensed, there are a lot of home daycares out there that r not. Why would u want to protest against some1 elses means of income? What inconvience would this daycare center really be to u? Yeah it might be a little noisy (in the lady's back yard) when the children r outside, but who cares. The fact that she has 5 kids means nothing. In my state those children would have to get added into her ratio, so she wouldnt be able to get 12 new kids plus her kids. her kids would get put into the 12 she is aloud to have, but every state is different.

What if a family with 10 kids moved into ur neighboorhood? Would u protest and try to get them out because they have too many kids? I find ur post very upsetting. You dont own the block...so stop trying to act as if u do.

Comment

Rude and despicable behavior. How dare you be against her daycare and not against the crap the man brings home from his construction company. Neither is any of your business.

Comment

sad

I believe your small town of people have been there for so long and have nothing better to do than pick on a newcomer! surely it is not the way you would have liked to be treated 30 years ago with a family to take care of!!maybe showing her a little respect for privacy or even a little support might just make you feel good!! soumds to me that you all are acting like the grinch who stole christmas!

Comment

Working...
                              X