Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by melskids View Post
    nannyde-

not to hijack the thread, but i just have to say i always love reading your responses. you either have these long, wonderful, well written, infomative posts, or these quick one line, straight to the point, dont go there with me type answers. i love it
    Thanks Mels

I think I have done the clothing thing on this board. Hopefully Michael will come along and link that up.

Kids clothing is the bane of my day care existance. Right now...with my eight.. I don't have ANYBODY doing it wrong. I'm sure that will change as soon as the season does.
    http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Originally posted by Bizzymom1111 View Post
      What are your thoughts on this nannyde?
      We have done a thread on clothing. Hopefully Micahel will link it.

To give you an idea of it... here's my winter gear policy:

We provide coats, hats, gloves, boots, and snow suits for each child. Parents are not required to bring their child in weather appropriate outdoor gear. We will make sure they have everything they need every day.

We will make sure they have everything they need every day.

Comment

Kids coats. Whatever combination of kids I have... I have the gear.

My solution for the clothing issues is to have what I need here. What I have is easy on and good quality. This is what we use for winter outings.
        Attached Files

Comment

I do that too, rain suits, rain boots, bathing suits & trunks etc. I provide for "seasonal" outings and the parents can bring them in whatever they want. Over time parents have donated lots of clothes in various sizes so I keep them as extra's but I don't usually allow them to take them home, I used to but not anymore if I can help it. The only exception really is when they have an accident.

I also write on the clothing but instead of writing it in small "discreet" letters I write them in rather bold letters around the bottom of the hem of a shirt or pant leg or something. Some of my "daycare clothes" are in pretty good condition and I would find that a parent just wouldn't return it . I saw a DC kid on a weekend at a grocery store wearing a "loaner" shirt that I had been asking DCM to return for weeks which she "just couldn't find" . If it's a hot day and a DCK is brought in pants and a long sleeved shirt I just change him/her into a tank top and shorts and when mom/dad arrive I have them change him/her back into the clothes they were originally dressed or wait until they arrive and say something like "Oh it was so hot/cold today that I just had to change _____. Hang on a sec and I'll change him/her back." And PS I only do this if it's extremely hot and they have hot clothing on or if it's extremely cold and they're wearing summer clothes. Other than that, I don't really care what they wear.

I just remember being in PE as a kid and forgetting to bring my PE clothes and having to wear an ugly yellow shirt and old shorts with big huge "Loaner" spelled out on the front and back of both the shirt and shorts and how it helped remind me not forget again . The kids don't mind our daycare's loaner clothes and the clothes they wear are all in good condition at least (I even have cute dresses for the girls) but they all have my daycare name written on them in 1" letters and I always let the parents see the clothes before I change them out of them .

Comment

Working...
          X