Had My First Visit Today...Got In Trouble For Swaddling...Need Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
    Exactly! Now with medical advancements infant deaths can now be divided into categories that clearly define what happened so not everything is considered SIDS....which in turn makes it appear as though the number of SIDS deaths have dramatically declined.

Just like this whole Obamacare medical coverage change....employers are going to hire two part time employees to do one full time job to skip around having to insure them and that is going to make it appear as though the unemployment rate has declined and everyone is going to think the economy is on the upturn and getting better..... LOL! Sorry, mini rant....it just reminded me of that same concept.
    You had to go there! ::

I was actually thinking about this the other day from my retail experience and this probably isn't going to work as well as they think. We usually had 2 full-time employees to one part-time employee.

Even when I worked in the restaurant business you had more full-timers because you had to cover the different rushes you had and it was easier to train full-timers then part-timers (just like in childcare).

Sorry for the hijack-BC's fault-
    Each day is a fresh start
    Never look back on regrets
    Live life to the fullest
    We only get one shot at this!!

Comment

Originally posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
      Is Michigan the only state that says you can't have blankets in the PNP?
      No. MN is the same. Although our county will allow sleep sacks.

Comment

Originally posted by MyAngels View Post
        I agree that many deaths that used to be classified as SIDS were really not SIDS. However, the Safe Sleep Standards can and do prevent many children from dying a preventable death.

I don't think that the standards will necessarily prevent a true SIDS death, but they can prevent babies from dying because they were placed face down on a soft surface, or were suffocated by having many stuffed animals in their cribs, or because they were covered with a blanket that covered their faces, etc.

I think that the 50% reduction statistic is based on the fact that, because of the awareness that's been raised by the "Back to Sleep" campaign and others, many babies who might have been put into an unsafe sleep environment were not, and lived because of it .
        I agree, I knew someone who had a family member who put their baby in a crib with a sheet and the sheet wrapped around the babies neck and he died. If they knew about the safe sleep practices (I don't know if they did or not) and/or followed the guidelines, the baby would have lived.

Comment

Working...
        X