Pets & Fleas !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it is her

Since it seems that they are the only family that is getting bit I would just term them and say .... "I have done my best to deter the fleas and no other children in my care have been bitten by fleas. It seems like you and your children aren't happy here so maybe you should consider a different daycare/family child care, maybe someone without pets." That way if her kids still get bitten by fleas she will get a big reality smack to the face "Oh, maybe it wasn't the daycare....". Or you can suggest that she keep them home for a few days while you do one last sweep cleaning and make any notes of the children's bite marks when they leave next time and a few days later before they are allowed in and if their are any new bites it should prove that it is from home.

Fleas are almost microscopic that they can hide in cloth fibers (like shoes, clothes back packs, etc.) or in hair. and they can jump around so easily that they are easy to miss. I honestly think that they are bringing them in or it is happening at home and the mom doesn't want to take the blame or she is just in denial. I think if you let this continue for too long she will eventually try to call to make a complaint and claim that your home is infested. I would just term her now.

Also is she sure it is flea bites and bed bugs from her home or their clothes/bedding (you cannot see bed bugs)?

Comment

I actually had pest control come to y home THREE times checking for bed bugs and they swore every time they didn't see any.they said as much as I have been getting bitten , there would definitely be SoMe kind f bed bug evidence in my bed or furniture . Because I have personally been getting bitten alive by something! It has only been me, and recently my youngest son who is the same age as dcg.

So badly that my legs are covered with bites I can't even shave my legs. I just started getting them all over my body now and I have even wondered if that was what it is. However, both my older boys (15&9) have told me more than once they saw 1-2 fleas sucking ther blood right in plain view on their arm. And/or saw them jumping around. there was a flea that jumped off my leg one morning when I undressed to take a shower. For some reason no one else in my family OR the other dckids are getting bit beside myself , my 15month old and dcg .

I was ambarrast earlier this week when dcb (different family) was being picked up and he had been waiting in his car seat by the front door. Well when she was walking out she nriced something in his hair and when she said whats that? Thè flea jumped off him . But again no bites and he has nt been bitten yet. I apoligises and told her the animals have been treated but we did have pest cntrol xoming saturday (today) . She has a dog herself and was not bothered by it and said that was ok .

Comment

I bet you that they have them in their house. I think you would notice the bites on a childs face. From now on inspect the child infront of parent, and before they go home. If they call and say they have seen bites on the child as them to take a pic and send it to you.

when my cat got fleas I didn't say anything to the parents because I didn't want to deal with what you are going on with. I would be angry because gma had them and you didn't know about it so the child probably brought them into your house.

oh get the exterminator to sign a piece of paper stating that their are no fleas, that should shut them up, if it doesn't then term them.

Comment

I have the work order paper sating the home was treated for fleas but not sure if they would sign anything saying there are no fleas when i know there clearly are as we have seen them. Maybe he can come back and sign something saying so since the home has been now , already treated.

The man accidentally left his work order clip board and some one from the company is supposed to be picking it up this coming week. I was thinking of giving a term letter if ether of them tell me about bites again . Because what am I really supposed to do if I've done what I could . I figure at this point whether I term or they do they will probably bad mouth me anyway.

Comment

you can do everything and they still won't be happy. But if your not seeing these bites when she leaves your house then it has to be coming from home. Its now the weekend, the child shouldn't have any bites, if they come in and tell you that she has bites then its from home. Just keep vacuming, have any of the other children gotten bites.

Comment

Holiday, just wondering if you are in Florida? The flea population is exploding here! I don't have them at my center, thank goodness, but do have them at my house because I have a dog. I can't believe its January and was 85 degrees all week! (Global warming anyone?) We did not get any "winter" this year! Mosquitos and fleas and wasps, oh my! I am battling the fleas too and using Raid flea killer plus, and bathing the dog every single day. But my dog is a tiny little guy, so its easy. Its soooooo darn hot this winter, my POOL is actually warm enough to swim in right now. Before we bathe the dog, we quick have him take a swim, drowns most of them. So..baths and Raid and vacuuming. And we don't even have carpeting, all tile!!

Comment

We have 6 cats and 1 dog and have only had a mild problem once. What we did was to treat the pets and vacuum the whole house thoroughly. We them shampooed (sp) EVERYTHING (carpets, furniture, rugs, etc) with extremely hot cleaning solution. Washed all bedding, curtains, etc in HOT water. Then repeated the cleaning process every two weeks for 6 weeks. We have never had another issue.

Comment

I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this! Fleas are such a PIA!

I agree with the post that it may be DCG bringing them in. I had a flea issue recently, although not the the degree you have, but mine began with a DCB. Mom dropped off one day without a word about it then at she pick up the first words out of her mouth are "did DCB tell you about our bugs?" turns out their infestation was so bad their landlord professionally treated their house and replaced all the carpet... they're 2 dogs had to stay overnight at the vet and got shaved. She said it was over DCBs weekend from DC (he's not here Thur-Sunday) so she thought the fleas were gone and it wasn't a big deal to bring him and his stuff. I was sooo angry, but i guess at least she told me at some point rather than blaming me. I treated my dog and vacuumed a lot. We had a mini outbreak but I caught it before it got bad thankfully!

Fleas are just one of those things you have to deal with when you have pets and depending on your location some regions are worse than others. Doesn't make you a bad pet owner or provider!

Hope the infestation goes away! It looks as though you have done all that you can (and then some) so DCP should understand, if not I'd term as well! Maybe photocopy or scan the documents the tech left behind so you have additional information? I don't think they can "guarantee" a flee free home out of liability for them

Comment

Working...
                  X