Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Kind Of Table Do You Use For Mealtime??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Kind Of Table Do You Use For Mealtime??

Hello,

I need some suggestions for a new table for mealtimes for my daycare kids.
    I would like something to seat 6.
    Currently I have the brown squared little tikes table. It is just so large and awkward for my space. I bring it up to my kitchen every day and then back downstairs at night due to space issues. I would like to find something that folds easily.

Any suggestions??? What do you use??

Thanks!

I have these tables from Ikea. I have 2 of them and they are perfect for my space and the 2 of them seat 8.The table height is adjustable and the surface wipes clean very easily. I use it for eating and crafts and just general use.
    Browse our full range of products from dressing tables to complete modern kitchens. Click here to find the right IKEA product for you. Browse online and in-store today!

Last edited by Michael; 11-05-2012, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Um...flat? Rectangular?

Sorry, I'm being a smart a$$ today :P

They just eat at my kitchen table. It's big enough that it fits six kids when it needs to.
      Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
        They just eat at my kitchen table. It's big enough that it fits six kids when it needs to.
        That's what I do too. It allows for better control and separates food mess from toy mess.

Comment

I also use my kitchen table.

Comment

I'm another kitchen table user. Clip on chairs and boosters makes it a family affair. I do have a couple child sized tables, just not for mealtime. No space

Comment

Kitchen table - hook on booster for 3 yo.

Comment

Originally posted by AnneCordelia View Post
                I also use my kitchen table.
                I have a brown square table that seats 8 from little tykes. Maybe the same one you have. It's awkward but serves its purpose. Plus I don't have a kitchen table. So it works for us.

Comment

Originally posted by ABCDaycareMN View Post
                  I have a brown square table that seats 8 from little tykes. Maybe the same one you have. It's awkward but serves its purpose. Plus I don't have a kitchen table. So it works for us.
                  Where do you and your family eat??!

Comment

I use my own kitchen table. The little ones are in booster seats, the kind with the trays, so I just push them around the table too!

Comment

Originally posted by Brooksie View Post
                      I have these tables from Ikea. I have 2 of them and they are perfect for my space and the 2 of them seat 8.The table height is adjustable and the surface wipes clean very easily. I use it for eating and crafts and just general use.
                      http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40147180/
                      LOVE the Ikea sets! One of my girlfriends has those for her daycare and they are the perfect size. If I could ever get down to Ikea (5 hour drive) I'll be picking up a couple of them.

I'm currently using my vintage formica top table with clip on Chicco boosters. I have one vintage wooden one high chair that I painted turquoise for my daughter that we use every once in a while. I also had a Boon Flair high chair, but had to sell it because it's huge! I hope to get those Ikea tables soon, so the big table is reserved for the tiny ones that I can put in the boosters.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemissmuffet View Post
                        Where do you and your family eat??!
                        We have a large counter and have stools. We had a table at one point and found it was never used and just took up too much space. I took it apart when my daughter was just born.

Comment

Originally posted by ABCDaycareMN View Post
                          We have a large counter and have stools. We had a table at one point and found it was never used and just took up too much space. I took it apart when my daughter was just born.
                          Before I started keeping my house tidier in preparation for opening a daycare our table was our catch all for EVERYTHING. Bills, book bags, lunch boxes, folding laundry. I can thank my mom for that nasty habit. It was such a pain to clean it off every night at dinner time. Now I have to make a conscious effort to not pile junk on it, but I'm getting better.

Comment

How about a smaller filding table: http://www.costco.com/CatalogSearch?...=folding+table

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                              How about a smaller filding table: http://www.costco.com/CatalogSearch?...=folding+table

Costco has some nice, adjustable height folding tables in store for $30-something. I picked up a couple a few weeks ago but haven't actually used them yet, they will be used when I finish the basement.

Comment

Working...
                              X