Pepsi and a Cereal Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pepsi and a Cereal Bar

I always think people are making a big issue out of nothing when they complain about the kids coming in with a cookie, a piece of licorice, etc.

My 10 yo came in with a full can of Pepsi and a sugar laden cereal bar for breakfast this moring. Mom is super health conscious - goes to the gym 3 or 4 times a week, etc. and the kid has Pepsi for breakfast.

I'll take his pepsi...
    Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

I'll admit my kids eat weird things for breakfast but they're always healthy. They eat leftovers alot but with milk or water or maaaaaybe hot chocolate or cider occasionally in the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
        I'll take his pepsi...
        Maybe that's my issue, he didn't bring me one.

I have to laugh because every year Mom brings a bunch of Sunny Delights, toaster strudels, waffles, yogurt, etc, and he never eats any of it. He brings breakfast in hand every morning.

Comment

I had a kid come in with a full bottle of Coke a few weeks ago. He just turned 3.

I am one of the providers that gets angry when I see kids eating garbage. I can see the effects that junk foods have on a child mentally, emotionally and physically - every single day. It's pure laziness when parents can't provide basic necessities for their own children such as REAL food.

Comment

I saw a little girl at the store, about 3 years old,.drinking something brown and carbonated..... Wait for it...OUT OF A BABY BOTTLE

Comment

I had a 3 yo DCB last week come in with coffee in his sippy cup! Really?? I dont even drink coffee!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CaliMom View Post
                I had a 3 yo DCB last week come in with coffee in his sippy cup! Really?? I dont even drink coffee!!!!
                My 5 yo LOVES Papa's juice (Starbucks). My dh never buys him his own, but will let him drink some of his. I can't even stand the smell of coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Magnolia View Post
                  I saw a little girl at the store, about 3 years old,.drinking something brown and carbonated..... Wait for it...OUT OF A BABY BOTTLE
                  Old enough to drink soda, but not old enough to drink out of a cup with a straw.

Comment

They give sell those at the snack cart on fridays at my daugthers school.... its annoying because you expect a bit more healthy product supplied
                    "God said, ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart. He will do everything I want him to do.'"
                    Acts 13:22

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Magnolia View Post
                      WHAT!?!

Comment

Originally posted by CaliMom View Post
                        As if a 3 year old weren't energetic enough...let's send him to daycare with coffee! OMG I think I would turn them awa at the door ::

Comment

Originally posted by SunshineMama View Post
                          As if a 3 year old weren't energetic enough...let's send him to daycare with coffee! OMG I think I would turn them awa at the door ::
                          Exactly!! I assumed there was milk in the cup but boy was I wrong. I can't stand the smell of coffee either!

Comment

Parents putting coffee in BABIES bottles and children's cups is actually way more common than one would think. Every provider that's worked in a center that I know personally has seen it. What would ever make a parent think this is ok? :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by littlemissmuffet View Post
                              What would ever make a parent think this is ok? :confused:
                              Because if one looks hard enough you can find evidence of anything being good for you (and kids) in one way or another.

Is Coffee Good for Kids?

According to one researcher – Dr. Tomas DePaulis – many parents who keep their kids as far away from coffee as possible could be wrong. He says coffee isn’t that bad for kids and, like in adults, it can help improve concentration and may help children do a little better on tests for this reason.

In an interesting finding from Brazil, kids who drink coffee with milk are less likely to have depression than other children.

Read more: Kids & Coffee http://www.kidzworld.com/article/170...#ixzz2BO976VGm

Comment

Working...
                              X