No announcement yet.

Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a parent, if I felt the need to smell the carpets, I wouldnt bring my kids to that place! just weird! If you dont notice anything on the child at pick up, maybe it IS the car seat. I have been (not) known to put clothes on the kids and changing them back before pick up, just dont forget!

Comment

Seashell, I'm still just shaking my head over this one. I can't believe these parents! Their rude, insulting behavior aside, it just doesn't make sense to me. I don't know about you but I always change the kids' diapers for a final time just before they go home. If they smelled or their clothes were dirty, I would notice that as soon as I picked them up/put them down on the changing table. If for some reason I didn't notice, I would think the parents would as soon as I handed the child to them. If they didn't notice and say something before they left your home, I'm thinking the baby got into something after leaving your house. Have they given any thought to the possibility that they are overlooking something at their house?

Have they said what the smell smells like? The only other thing I can think of is that I have had kids who have soaked their diapers during naptime while they sleep and the pee kind of wicks up onto their clothing. By the time nap is over, the clothing has dried so it doesn't look or feel like the clothing is soiled but the smell is there. Is it possible something like that has happened and that's what they're smelling?

Comment

Originally posted by e.j. View Post

Have they said what the smell smells like? The only other thing I can think of is that I have had kids who have soaked their diapers during naptime while they sleep and the pee kind of wicks up onto their clothing. By the time nap is over, the clothing has dried so it doesn't look or feel like the clothing is soiled but the smell is there. Is it possible something like that has happened and that's what they're smelling?
        That's what I was thinking. Sorry you have to go through this. How was drop off today?

Comment

I would keep this child in a pack n play or on a huge waterproof mat/blanket option so she will not touch the floor until the day you term her. I would not steam clean the carpets....just hold off for a bit in case you get a replacement soon. start advertising like crazy and get this family out the door for good. to be honest, I would take the risk and just let them go for now no matter about the replacement.....it is degrading to work for people like this.

Comment

so what was the smell. how come they didn't bring it to you to smell. then you could identify it. I would be so mad.

Comment

Just thinking of you Seashell and hoping your day was better today.lovethis

Comment

WOW!! This is over the top unbelievable. I really think that parents today are just unusual.

I'm so sorry you had to go through this. Did you ever find out what he had in his bag? For all you know he could have placed a camera in your home.

Comment

Oh my goodness! I just want to give you a giant hug! Their behavior is disrespectful and offensive! I'm not sure where you live and what kind of clientele you deal with but there is no way I would put up with that behavior out of anyone. A replacement kid is never too far off. If you feel your financial situation is too dire for that, I would request that the dcp provide a PnP for the LO to stay in. The only way to get through to people like that is to inconvenience them. Then maybe they will understand how offensive their behavior was. As a parent (and a self professed hater of all things dirty) I would NEVER inspect someone's area like that, EVER. That is just NOT ok. Once again, hugs to you!

Comment

I would term them...that is soooooo insulting! Even if I needed the money, I don't know if I would ever be able to work with a family that thinks it is okay to come over and insult my cleanliness and sniff my floors.

Comment

Originally posted by Oneluckymom View Post
                      WOW!! This is over the top unbelievable. I really think that parents today are just unusual.

I'm so sorry you had to go through this. Did you ever find out what he had in his bag? For all you know he could have placed a camera in your home.
                      I agree with you and I blame a lot of it on our social media, tv and what not!!!

Its as if anything flies?????????

Comment

Did they show up?
                        Where abouts on her clothes was smelling funny? Sniff test her when she comes in the door, in case it is her car seat.
                        Or if she wears jeans/thicker pants, maybe she had a poopy that escaped a bit and you couldn't see it on her pants?

Comment

Out of line parents

This post comforts me somewhat because I interviewed with neighbors that wanted a closer home daycare for their 1 year old. After meeting them, allowing them to stop by during playtime to meet the kids before they started.. and a constant going back and forth between one day wanting to start, the next day not wanting to start. Then refusing to allow their child attend fieldtrip and an inspection of my house that seemed way out of the ordinary. They seemed rigid and weird to say the least. I could imagine going threw the same thing with them and this post makes me happy that I turned them down.. Regardless of being intimidated by the husband who wanted to know why his child wasn’t accepted.

My 2 cents, as if it counts for anything.. I know that it is hard financially, especially now with the economy. I think that we have to learn how to take the good with the bad at times. If they are not satisfied, they will move on their own. Its easy to say that you will discontinue a relationship but when it comes down to it. Its a hard thing for me to do. I feel that if I’m loyal to my customers and do a great job, they will tell other people. Word of mouth brings in most of my clients.

Comment

crawler

Oh, yeah..

Also, I have a crawler and his clothes do get dirty from crawling and self feeding.. I get my floors cleaned professionally once a month but his clothes stilll get a little dingy looking..

I simply change his clothes at the end of the day and wipe him down with a baby wipe to freshion him up. His mom keeps a zip lock bag labeled (Dirty clothes) for his bibs and dirty clothing. She also makes sure that he has plenty of clean clothes so that I can change him when I need to threw the week. Ive been changing his clothes before the end of the day since he was small because of throw up and moving around.

Try suggesting this to the parents to see if this may solve the problem and also help keep the revenue coming in.

Comment

Wow. Just wow.

I'm sorry that things are tight and you need these ass faces as clients. I would absolutely look for a new dc family ASAP and give them the boot. Not because they had concerns, but for how they went about it. They are humiliating you. It takes a special kind of jerk to make someone feel like that.

You should tell them baby always smells like that -- it must be their stinky ass house.

Comment

I am dying to know what happened during the rest of the week. How are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X