No announcement yet.

Question for Blackcat on Scholastic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was looking at this clifford set where you get big books to share and then small ones for the children to take home. I really want the big teacher resources. Then there is the parent/child magazine, but I could do 10 of those for .79 cents each or something like that. Just wondering if they are worth it. I did order the flyers for sept and oct. I am guessing those are the ones that the school usually sends home? where you can order books right?

Also, does anyone do the printables? Is it worth it. It says plans starting at $8something? THX

Comment

last year I did the Clifford and got the magazines....biggest waste of my money. the Clifford things are ok. the kids hardly took any interest in them.

out of my 14 parents, only 1 or 2 would take the magazines. I always read them and felt they were great, but it all went to the recycle bin at the end of each month.

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post
        last year I did the Clifford and got the magazines....biggest waste of my money. the Clifford things are ok. the kids hardly took any interest in them.

out of my 14 parents, only 1 or 2 would take the magazines. I always read them and felt they were great, but it all went to the recycle bin at the end of each month.
        oh and I never did the printables. there is sooooooo much free stuff out there online, that I would rather not pay for it

Comment

Wow, really? that stinks. I thought they looked really neat. Is it something that could have been kept for the next year, or is it more like a magazine with articles and what not? I was thinking it was more like a book. I guess not? Hmmmm... What if I just ordered 1. Wonder if that would be worth it?

Comment

Originally posted by Nickel View Post
            Wow, really? that stinks. I thought they looked really neat. Is it something that could have been kept for the next year, or is it more like a magazine with articles and what not? I was thinking it was more like a book. I guess not? Hmmmm... What if I just ordered 1. Wonder if that would be worth it?
            they will give you a sample i belive.....

the clifford part could be saved from year to year as far as the teachers poster goes, but the kids book, they write in them. BTW its only a one page folder which makes 4 pages from front to back.

the parent magazine is dated by month and year, but if you wanted to save it I guess you could

Comment

Oh, thanks for letting me know. They made it sound like it was way cooler than it apparently is! You just saved me some money! Thanks.. Guess I will keep looking.

Comment

So I signed up & ordered catalogs

How does the rest work?

Online ordering?

Points?

What can you redeem your points on?

Thanks I am a book freak! I have been wanting to accumulate a bin of books for birthday presents and this is my answer

Comment

The parent magazine is WONDERFUL well worth the small cost.

Clifford and the other one are also wonderful but if your group is young it is not worth the cost. perfect for 4's and 5's I like the other one the best Lets See is that the name. I think you can get a sample sent to you.

It is cheaper to buy the 10 than individual ones so just get 10. You could share with someone you know

I am rather partial as DH works for Scholastic I do buy most of my books in the employee book store but before that I always ordered. My parent love the free( for them) magazine
                  It:: will wait

Comment

Originally posted by wahmof3 View Post
                    So I signed up & ordered catalogs

How does the rest work?

Online ordering?

Points?

What can you redeem your points on?

Thanks I am a book freak! I have been wanting to accumulate a bin of books for birthday presents and this is my answer
                    They will send you catalogs in the mail for each month. You send the catalogs home with families and they can go on-line and order if they wish or give the order blanls to you and you can do a big class order.

I have my parents bring ALL orders to me by the 10th of each month with checks made out to me.

I then go on-line and place a big class order and pay with my own credit card(keeping the order slips from parents and depositing their checks into my account) and then in about 7-10 days your books will arrive with an invoice for the. On the invoice it gives you a current total of all points you have accumulated.

When you go to place your next order, you will see you can pay for your purchase with money or with points. You can also shop their teacher catalog on-line or they will usually send one to you shortly after signing up with them.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                      They will send you catalogs in the mail for each month. You send the catalogs home with families and they can go on-line and order if they wish or give the order blanls to you and you can do a big class order.

I have my parents bring ALL orders to me by the 10th of each month with checks made out to me.

I then go on-line and place a big class order and pay with my own credit card(keeping the order slips from parents and depositing their checks into my account) and then in about 7-10 days your books will arrive with an invoice for the. On the invoice it gives you a current total of all points you have accumulated.

When you go to place your next order, you will see you can pay for your purchase with money or with points. You can also shop their teacher catalog on-line or they will usually send one to you shortly after signing up with them.

HTH
                      I do it exactly the same way as cat...

Comment

Awesome!! Thanks!

Comment

I can not wait to sign up!!! I had no idea this was an option! I feel like all my years in daycare have been waisted i could have so much cool stuff after 9 years....poo. i only buy books at garage sales bc new books are so expensive at the store!

Comment

I guess I will need to call today as this is the response I received....

Because Scholastic buys the rights to publish books from other publishers (Random House, HarperCollins, etc) for the school market only, we are only able to provide book club accounts to classroom teachers, who are defined as the “school market”. If you are registered as a teacher at a school, we can establish an account for you. We cannot provide accounts to substitute teachers, student teachers or tutors. (Home school teachers may also have accounts if they have children that are school age and not attending any other school)
                            I'm sorry we are unable to set up an account for you. We would have been happy to welcome you as a Scholastic Book Club sponsor, but we are constrained by legal reasons. However you may order through Scholastic Store online. Please call 1-800-770-4662 if you need assistance. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Shirley
                            Scholastic/Customer Maintenance
                            1-800-497-8291x4802
                            sjones2@scholastic.com

Comment

Bummer Jen.

I was just onlinesettingup an account and I got to the choose your school portion...I saw mnay home daycares in my town listed to choose from. I was comming here to ask if I should just call scholastic so I could hopefully add mine to the list. There was an option to 'add my school" and that they would need to verify it so I wondered if this was why other providers had to call to finish settign up their accounts.

if they are no longer allowing Daycares I will be crushed!!! Esp since I have been here for 9 years and have just now learned about this!!!! I am crushed thinkign about all the points we could have earned over the years!!

Comment

Originally posted by MsMe View Post
                                Bummer Jen.

I was just onlinesettingup an account and I got to the choose your school portion...I saw mnay home daycares in my town listed to choose from. I was comming here to ask if I should just call scholastic so I could hopefully add mine to the list. There was an option to 'add my school" and that they would need to verify it so I wondered if this was why other providers had to call to finish settign up their accounts.

if they are no longer allowing Daycares I will be crushed!!! Esp since I have been here for 9 years and have just now learned about this!!!! I am crushed thinkign about all the points we could have earned over the years!!
                                I set up my account online yesterday. I even ordered catalogs/flyers. I received an account confirmation email. I didn't have to call. Hopefully its all good. After placing my flyer order it said they should arrive in 7-10 days.

Comment

Working...
                                X