Question for Blackcat on Scholastic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Blackcat on Scholastic

How did you get registered with scholastic? I have tried to get signed up with them, but they have never finalized my account. I thought maybe it was because I was a home provider.

Originally posted by AnythingsPossible View Post
    How did you get registered with scholastic? I have tried to get signed up with them, but they have never finalized my account. I thought maybe it was because I was a home provider.
    I just called them because I had trouble too with the on-line registeration process.

The lady I talked to on the phone was super nice and very helpful. Once I got all the registration stuff through her taken care of, I had full access to their web-site and could do the ordering on-line or set it up so parents could jsut order themselves using my classroom access code.

HTH.

Here is the number 1-800-SCHOLASTIC (1-800-724-6527), press #1

I requested Fireflies (Preschoolers) and Honeybee (Toddlers) subscriptions.

Comment

That's funny, I was going to post about them to see who uses it. I think if you get parents to buy books then you get free books.

Comment

Originally posted by DaisyMamma View Post
        That's funny, I was going to post about them to see who uses it. I think if you get parents to buy books then you get free books.
        You get a ton of benefits from using Scholastic! Every book parents order (and me) earns you points.

I have used the points to buy ALOT of things. I have gotten a wooden puzzle rack, a listening center with 6 sets of headphones, lots of audio books on CD, several counting/sorting sets lie the counting bears and a lot of other stuff.

I LOVE Scholastic!!! lovethis

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I will call today at nap. I only have 5 families, but I think they would be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by AnythingsPossible View Post
            Thanks for the reply. I will call today at nap. I only have 5 families, but I think they would be interested.
            I have twice as many families but only half participate. It is me who earns the most points as I just can't help it! Books are so cool and I can't stop myself from buying them at such a cheap cost!

I have even ordered the same book more than once, forgetting that I already had a copy but what do you do?! Books are cool!

Comment

I LOVE scholastic! I order from them more than the parents.

Comment

I love them too, not only do I order for the dck's but for my own kids. I started to find that when I ordered from school, if they didn't get a book in then scholastic would send another one while you waited, but our school was keeping the extra books, and sometimes we would wait for over a month for our books, now I get them in a week and I get the perks and my dck's get new books.

Comment

Every month they have dollar books so if we have a holiday coming up I will order one for everybody and give it as a gift and then the points go for my free stuff. I don't have many parents that order either but they have lots of neat things.

Comment

I also had to call. It took some work on my part even after I called, my account still took time to get going.

I have been using it for about two years and I love it. I send home order sheets and the parents buy too. It helps me earn free books.

Recently they just started where the parents can place their order online at home instead of me having to enter the orders and I still get the credit points.

they also have dollar books that they offer on each of their age groups and I love it.

I order from the honeybee and firefly......toddlers to four and pre-k

Comment

I love Scholastic Book Club and order more then my parents do too.

I also buy the same books sometimes.....love books.

I do Busy Bee and Firefly. They sometimes send me special flyers but I rarely order from them. I don't do online ordering, never can get the site to work well, and I also find it complicated for parent's to try to navigate through.

I have found when I needed help on the phone for them to be very helpful.

I look forward to the box coming in the mail.

Comment

I also do Scholastic. I send home the flyers every month. Last spring I cashed in a bunch of my points and bought a kids couch and chair for our reading center. It is even better if you can get your parents to order online. If they order online, you get your points, you get a coupon for $3 in books, and the parents get a coupon for $5 in books.

Comment

I looked at scholastics and was interested, Is there a fee to register? Or is it free and you get the perks?

Comment

Quick question,

I was looking at ordering the magazines. Do any of you all use them? Do you find it helpful? I wanted to try it out but not wanting to order 10 subscriptions off the bat. Does anyone know how much it is per script? I can call tomorrow, but wanted to know before hand... tia

Comment

Originally posted by Nickel View Post
                              I looked at scholastics and was interested, Is there a fee to register? Or is it free and you get the perks?
                              it is free to sign up and register. it takes a little bit of work in the start, but is simple once it is set up.

which magazines are you speaking of?

Comment

Working...
                              X