No announcement yet.

Play Kitchens For Those Under 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to see pics from the ones here that made kitchens out of cabinets or other materials.

Comment

Originally posted by jojosmommy View Post
      We have two,one infant to 2 age one and its tiny. One older kid one little tykes I think. Works ok.

I am terribly jealous of the repurposed shelf or table ones from pinterest. Genious!! Go on and check it out. You could easily make one just how you want it and anchor to the wall like anyother piece of furniture. Choose your own knobs this way too! happyface
      Can you link one of them, I can't find them on pinterest.

Comment

Search for the best information on daycare, and childcare for your children

the pic is OLD (3 years or so) but the kitchen set looks exactly the same!

Comment

My son just turned 21 and I bought him the Little Tykes kitchen when he was 2. We still use it in the daycare without issue.

Edit very similar to this one

Comment

Originally posted by daycarediva View Post
            https://www.daycare.com/forum/album....&pictureid=882

the pic is OLD (3 years or so) but the kitchen set looks exactly the same!
            I absolutely love that. How did you make it exactly? I would love to make one.

Comment

I bought the Ikea play kitchen in the fall and I love it, so do the kids.

It's plain and simple but the cabinet areas are big enough to actually hold things, unlike any plastic kitchen I've ever had. The kids' favorite thing to do is to 'cook' by putting food/dishes into the oven.
              Doing what I love and loving what I do.

Comment

I have the "old" version of the little tikes kitchen, like this I got off CL, it was $25 and came with food/dishes. I didn't think about age when buying the kitchen, I did make sure the food/dishes were not choking hazards though.

I have 2 one year olds plus a 2 and 4 year old that all play with it. The little ones played with it from when they could pull themselves up but they couldn't reach things inside the sink til about 9 mos (they're both in the 85-90% for height). They still can't reach the upper shelves obviously but they don't mind, plus the older kids like having a place to put their "dinner" where the babies can't get it. !

I like this one because the kids are rough with things and this kitchen is sturdy and easily withstands the kids.

I'm interested in seeing the ones people have made themselves too! I plan to make a mud kitchen out back this summer so i'm looking for ideas!!

Comment

My youngest is 13m and my oldest 22m and we use a kidkraft kitchen that is all connected. (The fridge isn't separate) the biggest issue I have with the younger ones is climbing or it tipping. All the knobs are big and its very well made. Even my youngest girl - 14m plays at it daily so we are big fans of a play kitchen for the young ones.

ETA- we haven't had those issues because it is so sturdy but with the younger kids that is my worrry.p

Comment

Originally posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
                    I absolutely love that. How did you make it exactly? I would love to make one.
                    I sketched out plans (it's wood) and then did some measurements. I do have the plans in microsoft word that I could copy & paste.

Comment

chose a wooden

Originally posted by Sunchimes View Post
                      I'm going to buy a play kitchen. In looking at amazon, they are almost all listed for age 3+. My kids all turned 2 this month, so 3 is a long way off. I found a couple listed for 2 year olds, but they were little and dinky.

What is it about the kitchens that would be a problem for 2 year olds? Would it be risky to have one rated for 3 and up? I'm wondering if it is the knobs or something, but I can't tell much from the pictures. How do you manage it in your mixed age groups?

Thanks!
                      choose a wodden one instead of plastic one since the plastic one may contain unhealthy material . And the wooden toys is fit for all age kids. you can see more from this site

Comment

I bought one for my son's first birthday-my husband said he was too young for it, but he loves it. I bought a taller step2 one (around $90), and it has hardware built into the back to attach it to the wall to prevent tips.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelsj View Post
                          We have this one.

IF the upper cabinet knobs should come off, they could present a hazard. Otherwise, it works fine. My one year old is a little bit short, but plays with it just fine. And I have had children up to 11 play with it and enjoy it as well.

It is sturdy, well made, and well supervised. And it makes cool noises.
                          That's adorable. I almost died when I saw the coffee pot :: I love how it's NOT pink

Comment

Working...
                          X