Play Kitchens For Those Under 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play Kitchens For Those Under 3

I'm going to buy a play kitchen. In looking at amazon, they are almost all listed for age 3+. My kids all turned 2 this month, so 3 is a long way off. I found a couple listed for 2 year olds, but they were little and dinky.

What is it about the kitchens that would be a problem for 2 year olds? Would it be risky to have one rated for 3 and up? I'm wondering if it is the knobs or something, but I can't tell much from the pictures. How do you manage it in your mixed age groups?

Thanks!

I have never bought a play kitchen based on what age was going to use it, if anything I try to buy one that is sturdy and a good size so they can use it the longest. I can't think of anything on a play kitchen that would be dangerous, I suppose a knob could come off but those are usually to big to be a chocking hazard. I say get a nice sturdy kitchen that is tall enough so when your child is 3 it's not too small.

Comment

We have two,one infant to 2 age one and its tiny. One older kid one little tykes I think. Works ok.

I am terribly jealous of the repurposed shelf or table ones from pinterest. Genious!! Go on and check it out. You could easily make one just how you want it and anchor to the wall like anyother piece of furniture. Choose your own knobs this way too! happyface

Comment

I'd love to, and once staked out an entertainment center at a yard sale before coming to my senses. "How do you think you are going to find time to do this when you are up to your eyebrows in the million other things you are committed to?" I make a lot of our toys, but I think that in this case, amazon is my friend. ;-) I love the ones on pinterest though and have pinned a lot and before that, I have a bunch bookmarked.

Comment

We repurposed some old kitchen cabinets into a play kitchen. Its simple, but a lot of fun! I think we spent around $40 for the whole thing.

Comment

We have this one.

IF the upper cabinet knobs should come off, they could present a hazard. Otherwise, it works fine. My one year old is a little bit short, but plays with it just fine. And I have had children up to 11 play with it and enjoy it as well.

It is sturdy, well made, and well supervised. And it makes cool noises.

Comment

AmyLeigh, could you post pictures of your cabinet kitchen? It sounds really cute.

Angelsj, I love that grill kitchen. I hadn't seen it before. It may be too big for my space though. I need to do some measuring.

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

That is mine. I got it clearance after Christmas at walmart for $18.50! so I really love it. It is the perfect height for my 1-3 yr olds! And it is not HUGE!

Comment

Wow!! That's amazing! Maybe I should wait until after Christmas! ;-)

Comment

I made my own, It's wooden, sturdy enough that it can't be moved around. I made each piece separate for rearranging (fridge/freezer, stove, sink) and perfect for age 2-5.

Comment

Daycarediva, would you share pictures?

Comment

I got a Dora kitchen off of craigslist and it is has two height settings. The only part that come off was the sink where the kids throw the dishes in...haha.

Comment

I too have made old kitchen cabinets into a play kitchen. Its really easy and looks good.

Comment

I know this is kind of an old post but this is what I got at Target. I think someone returned it to the store after buying it online and I got it in the store on clearance and with my 5%card it was only $7 and it is for ages 2 and up happyface. I haven't started my daycare yet but when the time comes I will at least have this to start with for dramatic play

Comment

Originally posted by daycarediva View Post
                              I made my own, It's wooden, sturdy enough that it can't be moved around. I made each piece separate for rearranging (fridge/freezer, stove, sink) and perfect for age 2-5.
                              JUST saw this! If you still want, I can share a pic in the decor forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X