DIY Bad Tasting Play Dough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi all. Redirection does not work with my special needs class, many if whom are autistic as well as having severe learning needs. Yes please, advice on bitter / unpleasant ingredients which are totally safe would be gratefully received. Thank you )
    This is a super old thread, but I would say let them. Make it yourself and let it be ok to eat. Children with sensory issues are going to be so frustrated if they want to mouth it and can't. Sounds like a losing battle.

Comment

I keep wondering if licensing will outlaw homemade playdough, because of the salt content Salt is considered a poison here. But I'm not asking them

Comment

You could also make the peanut butter playdough so it's safe for them. Just don't do it too often because of the sugar. But my dcks love it once in awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Controlled Chaos View Post
          This is a super old thread, but I would say let them. Make it yourself and let it be ok to eat. Children with sensory issues are going to be so frustrated if they want to mouth it and can't. Sounds like a losing battle.
          Sure, I know this thread has some history to it but it was the best source of info I could find on the web...so I guess that means that there possibly aren't any answers out there, other than make do with the status quote. Thank you so much for teplying though

My concern is primarily that the salt content us high and my pupils don't all accept/tolerate drinking as much as they need to, and salt is damaging in its own right regardless of concerns over hydration levels. Anyway, this isn't the reason I posted up here...I'm trying to see if anyone knows of any such bitter sustances as an extra option.

By the way, I always make our playdough...aside from anything else, it's sooo much cheaper!!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Sure, I know this thread has some history to it but it was the best source of info I could find on the web...so I guess that means that there possibly aren't any answers out there, other than make do with the status quote. Thank you so much for teplying though

My concern is primarily that the salt content us high and my pupils don't all accept/tolerate drinking as much as they need to, and salt is damaging in its own right regardless of concerns over hydration levels. Anyway, this isn't the reason I posted up here...I'm trying to see if anyone knows of any such bitter sustances as an extra option.

By the way, I always make our playdough...aside from anything else, it's sooo much cheaper!!
            I only pointed out it was an old thread, because sometimes members don't notice a post is old, and feel silly later if they respond directly to one of the older responses and that person isn't around anymore to answer

Sorry I don't have better ideas regarding flavor. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X