Speaking of Organizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
    Hmm, that is weird because when I click on it, I get her instructions on how to make raingutter book shelves. :confused:
    Sorry, I should have been more specific . When you click on her link, there is ANOTHER link for the magnetic wall. Here is the direct link:
    http://raisingolives.com/2009/06/dis...magnetic-wall/

Originally posted by cheerfuldom View Post
    We are doing a magnetic wall downstairs! I will post pics when it is done.
    Ohhh, I want to see too! I thought it was a super cool idea!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiki View Post
      I have one pinned on my Pinterest for when we actually own a home, it's a race track with magnet cars; I want to see how yours turns out when it's done, I'd love more ideas for ours!
      Niiiiicccceeee!

Comment

magnetic wall

Originally posted by spud912 View Post
        This site you quoted has a tutorial for a magnetic wall. If I wasn't living in a rental, I would sooooo do it! It says to paint the magnetic paint and then paint the wall whatever color you like. Once everything is dry, the wall is magnetic! My kids would absolutely love that!!!
        I have a magnetic wall. First I painted a few coats of magnetic paint and then two coats of chalkboard paint on top so it is magnetic and a chalkboard. You can also get chalkboard painted tinted to a ton of different colors now. A few things about the magnetic paint though: 1. put several layers on 2. the wall has to be pretty flat...we did not texture the drywall in that area (we were remodeling) 3. Even though our surface was smooth and I had put several layers of magnetic paint it would still only hold large magnets (letter magnets fall off).

Comment

I'm thinking about doing this in my playroom. I've just painted it and I'm still searching for wall ideas.

I have book rails already....like the rain gutter ones but I actually found very narrow shelves to use when I was looking for something else to hold the books.

Comment

Originally posted by Meyou View Post
            I'm thinking about doing this in my playroom. I've just painted it and I'm still searching for wall ideas.

I have book rails already....like the rain gutter ones but I actually found very narrow shelves to use when I was looking for something else to hold the books.
            Oh those little animal swings are ADORABLE. I think I need to do that in DD's room. We just rearranged it and I'm having trouble with storing her multitude of stuffies. She plays with them, so storing them on shelves up high isn't working.
            Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

I really like the "zoo" idea but have no more wall space. =( I do have this hanging up and it works great for stuffed toys plus the kids know where to find and put them away. I paid $5 for it at Ikea and it has the different levels so the varmits are easy to find.

I see little people.

Comment

I use a few "stuffies" for decoration only. Our state requires that stuffed animals be machine washed regularly if the kids play with them. I don't want to do that, so I have some of my kids (and mine!) best loved ones on high shelves as decor. Washing all the time would eventually wear them out.

Comment

Working...
                X