Speaking of Organizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of Organizing

We don't really have any squishy lovies in our day care room because they drive me up the wall. Even my own kids are only allowed to keep 2 on their bed at a time, the rest are hidden in their closet where I can't see them.
    After seeing this, I am seriously tempted to bust them out for the day care room, and my kids' rooms.

Also, this is for countrymom, I am just too lazy to dig up her thread, hope you see this!

I'm not a fan of the colors she chose, I don't think they are kid friendly, but I really like the idea of using the bookshelves like that for toy bins, and using the tops of them for other things. Imagine it-you put those along all of your walls for storage, and still have the whole center area of your rooms for play time.

I can't find a tutorial for 'The Zoo', it was just a pin I ran across this morning on Pinterest, I know a few of you have mentioned crafty husbands, and oh boy am I going to put my husbands craftiness to the test with it. ::

The one for the bookshelves can be found here:
    I have some really exciting playroom news! I found baskets!  Can you hear the birds chirping?  The choir singing?  The sounds of my super ...

WOW! I love both of those ideas. Unfortunately my husband is NOT a handy man, BUT my grandpa is! I know what I'll be asking for, for Christmas!!

Comment

I have those shelves as toy storage in my family room! I used the expedit shelves from Ikea - cheap and cheerful and just sewed the seat cushion!
      They work great, my family room is easy to keep neat and tidy and it is great extra seating for large get togethers. I have gotten a lot of compliments on the

Comment

When I was a home health care attendant, the child had a Zoo (the exact same one). The only problem with it is if the stuffed animal that they want is at the top/back. Then every stuffed animal is taken out to get to it. ::

Comment

I have it pinned already and showed dh thats what i wanted. i pointed it out that I can go to ikea and just buy it, and he said fine, one less project for him. I don't want to do green, that color seems to be thru out my house. First dh needs to scrape the cottage cheese ceiling.

Comment

LOVE!

The basket/seating idea is just what I have been looking for for my hot wheel/little people/block area. And IKEA is only 20 minutes away

Thanks for posting the blog; lots of great ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by EntropyControlSpe******t View Post
              When I was a home health care attendant, the child had a Zoo (the exact same one). The only problem with it is if the stuffed animal that they want is at the top/back. Then every stuffed animal is taken out to get to it. ::

http://www.littlezookeepers.com/

:: Didn't think of that! It is still on my future wish list though, just for the fact that it is cute as heck.

Ran across this too, we have board games here that are shoved under beds/on top of closet shelves that are just a pain to get to.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiki View Post
                :: Didn't think of that! It is still on my future wish list though, just for the fact that it is cute as heck.

Ran across this too, we have board games here that are shoved under beds/on top of closet shelves that are just a pain to get to.

OH, that's nifty! Handy *and* decorative!

I bet you could also use the rain gutter bookshelf idea and expand it to store games, too.
                Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

my dd and dcb just finished playing candy land but the dora editon. Thats a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
                    OH, that's nifty! Handy *and* decorative!

I bet you could also use the rain gutter bookshelf idea and expand it to store games, too.
                    ! What is the rain gutter bookshelf?! Do tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiki View Post
                      ! What is the rain gutter bookshelf?! Do tell.
                      My DH put these up in my preschool room and then some lower to the groundin the infant/toddler room.

AWESOME idea! Paintable, washable and cheap!

Last edited by Blackcat31; 10-12-2014, 07:59 AM.

Comment

This site you quoted has a tutorial for a magnetic wall. If I wasn't living in a rental, I would sooooo do it! It says to paint the magnetic paint and then paint the wall whatever color you like. Once everything is dry, the wall is magnetic! My kids would absolutely love that!!!

Comment

Originally posted by spud912 View Post
                          This site you quoted has a tutorial for a magnetic wall. If I wasn't living in a rental, I would sooooo do it! It says to paint the magnetic paint and then paint the wall whatever color you like. Once everything is dry, the wall is magnetic! My kids would absolutely love that!!!
                          Hmm, that is weird because when I click on it, I get her instructions on how to make raingutter book shelves. :confused:

Well here is another link about them anyways.... http://www.mamanotes.com/2010/02/rai...okshelves.html

Comment

We are doing a magnetic wall downstairs! I will post pics when it is done.

Comment

lovethis I think I'm in love with those bookshelves. That would be awesome for my own children, they currently share one bookshelf between all 3 of them, and separating their books to their own little space would be amazing.

Originally posted by cheerfuldom View Post
                              We are doing a magnetic wall downstairs! I will post pics when it is done.
                              I have one pinned on my Pinterest for when we actually own a home, it's a race track with magnet cars; I want to see how yours turns out when it's done, I'd love more ideas for ours!

Comment

Working...
                              X