New Parent Just Pulled Child, Stressed....Need Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sprouts View Post
    okay so the mother is stating she wasnt referring to her son and the other child playing, she was referring to the way my son and the other girl i watch played. They do love to wrestle and sometimes it can seem rough. I did review my cameras to see what she referred to and I can see I might be concerned too from her point of view, but at the same time if she was concerned about it I am always open to talk about it and see what we can do to ease her. I also noticed I did give mom too much attention and not enough to the kids and I probably should have handled their play a little more.

At the same time, if she had noticed this play a day after the two weeks or a month after the two weeks it still doesnt change the contract and what she signed.

This is all a learning experience for me and I continually try to improve my parenting and handling situations and behavior and discipline, and I do hate confrontation, but I also know I dont want to be a push over....and on top of that the father writes me .."this is the most rediculous game ive seen, it is completely unprofessional ..."

UGH i hate this
    Oh boy. I'm so sorry. I hate when things get ugly just for sticking to your contract! Continue to stick to your guns! Try not to take it personally, things get ugly when there is a dispute over money, that's just a pure fact. Try to stay professional but firm.

Perhaps in the future you may want to think about not allowing family members to be present during daycare hours. For the exact reason you mentioned, you might pay more attention to the family member and new child than to your own group. And when that happens, your group is BOUND to act out!! It is hard for parents to understand this, but it happens every time.

I love your attitude in this whole thing, take it as a learning experience and move on!! happyface

Comment

Originally posted by Lilbutterflie View Post
      Oh boy. I'm so sorry. I hate when things get ugly just for sticking to your contract! Continue to stick to your guns! Try not to take it personally, things get ugly when there is a dispute over money, that's just a pure fact. Try to stay professional but firm.

Perhaps in the future you may want to think about not allowing family members to be present during daycare hours. For the exact reason you mentioned, you might pay more attention to the family member and new child than to your own group. And when that happens, your group is BOUND to act out!! It is hard for parents to understand this, but it happens every time.

I love your attitude in this whole thing, take it as a learning experience and move on!! happyface

good point! we were just talking about this in another thread and I posted about why I dont do playdates. one of the reasons why is because helicopter moms come in looking for reasons why you arent doing good enough, not looking for ways to help their child adjust. she came in ready to see the problems (if two kids playfully wrestling for a minute is even a problem....) and not coming in encouraging her clingy child to get involved. she wanted your attention and coddling and for her kid to have the same. really this whole thing was a disaster from the beginning so like you said OP, lesson learned. If you do decide to allow parents to come in, make sure you are prepared to monitor closely, have a structured activity that helps the new kid get involved and makes parents feel better about the arrangement. .

Comment

Thank you all for your positive words, i am writing up that letter ASAP!

My husband made me feel horrible after watching the video, he was like this is unacceptable u should be more firm with our son, obviously mothering and fathering arent exactly the same and just another issue UGH!!! but thank you all, i really do appreciate your words of motivation.

Comment

My husband made me feel horrible after watching the video, he was like this is unacceptable u should be more firm with our son, obviously mothering and fathering arent exactly the same and just another issue UGH!!! but thank you all, i really do appreciate your words of motivation.
          was not going to respond as everyone else nicely gave you great advice--

until this

your hubby is not running your daycare, just as you do not go into his place of employment and tell him how to do his job. Your human and I must say you have a great attitude- move forward Hubby needs to know that he needs to support you and not bring you down when you are already feeling down enough!!! UGH

This is why I don't do playdates or what not during daycare hours. When a parent is there to pick up the child they are in charge at that point and I make sure they know it. They are in charge of their child!
          hugs to you-

Comment

To keep it "professional" I would stop texting him and go to email or letters that are registered. That way you have proof of your communications with him as you may accident;y delete the text messages.....

Comment

I would tell my husband to discipline the lo as he sees fit. My time, my job. But my husband would never step on my toes like that.

Comment

Working...
              X