Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soooo, Who Does Water Activities For Their Kids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been hot for this area, so we've done a lot of water this year!

Beach, sprinkler, water shooters, water table. I'm not too creative with the water, but I loved some of the ideas on here, like the sponging the toys!!

I was going to try that next week with my car, but on a day when I only have 2 dcb.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle View Post
      ::::::::

Remembering last years "interesting" thread

We do sprinklers, water tables, slip and slides, and I take them to the public kiddie pool. When they get all grumpy and hot we just do the water thing and all is well in the world!
      We are not able to do a lot of kayaking this year because we have mostly littles this summer.

Does anyone have any more water suggestions? (for littles)
      We have a little pool for them to wade in, sprinklers, slip and slide, koosh balls and homemade koosh balls from sponges, super soaking crayon sticks, for water guns I use spray bottles. They hold more water and I'm not promoting guns which I didn't allow my own child to have at a young age. I also created a car wash with pool noodles. Favorite is them chasing each other with the spray toys. I also use the hose and play London bridge. It falls down a lot!

Comment

I am making a water wall on the fence. We also use watering cans. I fell up a big bucket and they water the flowers and everything else. They love spray bottles.I saw a 2 ltr bottle with holes hooked to a hose on pinterest that looked fun.
        It:: will wait

Comment

thanks for all the great ideas!

Comment

Bike and Car washes!

We have a support post near our bike area so I set the hose wand on Mist and let the kids do bike/car washes... they drive through over and over and have a blast. We are not allowed ANY standing water so this is a GREAT solution... plus they don't really get soaked so we don't have to do clothing changes! Its perfect for us... I also mist them as they slide sometimes, but by keeping it on mist they cool off without getting soaked

Comment

Do you put every one in bathing suits every water day? Mine are under 2, and it takes forever-swim diaper, bathing suit, swim shoes, in the water just long enough to get wet, then off through the mud. Inside, off with shoes, suit, diaper and on with the clothes. In the meantime, the baby is fussing and dck#2 is running around the house dripping water. I do it, but it sure isn't the easiest activity.

What do you do about those not potty trained? I found a bundle of new swim diapers at a rummage sale, so I'm using those for now, but wonder about when they run out. At least one of my parents has yet to bring a swim suit or any sunscreen, so I'm pretty sure the swim diapers won't happen.

Comment

I just tell the parents to leave a bathing suit at my house for the whole summer... I wash them every other day

Changing them in and out of their suits are a hassle but we just do it because the kids are worth it. They love the water and it's good for them.

Comment

we do our "house cleaning activity"! I get a bucket of soapy water and some good sponges and have the kids scrub the little tikes houses down and they love it! They end up scrubbing what ever is around

Comment

Originally posted by itlw8 View Post
                    I am making a water wall on the fence. We also use watering cans. I fell up a big bucket and they water the flowers and everything else. They love spray bottles.I saw a 2 ltr bottle with holes hooked to a hose on pinterest that looked fun.
                    What is a water wall?

Comment

We have two pools, one for the younger kids, one for the older kids. We have a sprinkler and a water table as well. Sometimes we bring out the plastic chairs from the house and they wash them with sponges and soapy water.

One thing that I saw online, and would LOVE to do is make a car wash.

There is a car wash a few photos down on this page. Other cool pool noodle ideas, too!

Another one.

Apparently you just use plumbing tubing and hook it up to the hose. It looks like a lot of fun!!!

Comment

Sounds like fun, lots of cool ideas. I have done toy car washes before.

Comment

Working...
                        X