Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soooo, Who Does Water Activities For Their Kids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soooo, Who Does Water Activities For Their Kids?

::::::::

Remembering last years "interesting" thread

We do sprinklers, water tables, slip and slides, and I take them to the public kiddie pool. When they get all grumpy and hot we just do the water thing and all is well in the world!
    We are not able to do a lot of kayaking this year because we have mostly littles this summer.

Does anyone have any more water suggestions? (for littles)

At the center I worked at we did sprinklers and water tables. I would also put all of the outside ride on toys in a circle with a couple pans of soapy water in the middle. Then I would give the kids paint brushes and let them "paint" the toys. When they were done I would rinse the toys off and let them air dry.

Comment

Originally posted by Trummynme View Post
      At the center I worked at we did sprinklers and water tables. I would also put all of the outside ride on toys in a circle with a couple pans of soapy water in the middle. Then I would give the kids paint brushes and let them "paint" the toys. When they were done I would rinse the toys off and let them air dry.
      really good idea!

Comment

I went to a class on how to keep kids moving and one thing included water play. You give the kids sponges and fill one or more buckets on one side of the yard with water and have an empty bucket(s) on the other side of the yard for them to "sponge" up as much water as possible and carry it and squeeze it into the empty bucket(s) then go back and get more.

Comment

I just do the standard - beach, Raging Waters, our pool, water table, sprinkler, squirt guns (YES, I allow guns). I may brave a local lake this year as my dh says he wants to take his boat on it instead of the ocean.

Comment

Originally posted by Abigail View Post
            I went to a class on how to keep kids moving and one thing included water play. You give the kids sponges and fill one or more buckets on one side of the yard with water and have an empty bucket(s) on the other side of the yard for them to "sponge" up as much water as possible and carry it and squeeze it into the empty bucket(s) then go back and get more.
            LOVE this!
            my little can do this
            keep them coming

Comment

I have a baby pool I pull out once a week. Otherwise, we play with the hose, sprinklers, water guns (but they are in the shape of fish and they are not allowed to spray others), buckets of water, water tables, water balloons (again, not to be thrown at others), etc.

Comment

i make my own kids wash the car

the daycare kids water the plants and wash the toys. we also do sprinklers and slip and slide. I dont do a pool because it gets so nasty, so fast. I dont do a water table either for now because I really dont need something extra to clean out and keep from getting moldy or yucky. I dont leave any standing water anywhere because we do get bugs bad if we do that.

Comment

we just do the sprinkler and water table. I have a few older ones for summer this year, I should try the slip & slide for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
                    we just do the sprinkler and water table. I have a few older ones for summer this year, I should try the slip & slide for them.
                    put a tiny bit of baby soap on it... it helps them slide better and they come in smelling yummy!

Comment

We do sprinklers, buckets with water and soap for a toy wash, squirt bottles from the dollar store used for spraying each other, themselves, or "painting" the driveway. If we don't have a lot of time to make the sprinkler worth it, I'll just turn on the hose with the hand attachment thing and they run under that for a few minutes! We like to do that before we go for walks-stay cooler longer and dry faster

Comment

We do bike washes with buckets of water, homemade sidewalk paint, sprinkler, a couple of different lakes (I'm allowed as long as there is a lifeguard on duty), baby pool, sand and water table, and I have a little tikes inflatable round table with a sprinkler on the top that the little kids love as they fill cups and water the grass and flowers, plus a slip n slide.

Comment

We do sprinklers, water guns, fill the turtle sand box with water and I will take them to the public pool when my ds and dd have their swim lessons next month. This year I might actually be able to get into the water, too!

Comment

Don't forget that sprinkler time is a great time to pull out the bubbles! They can rinse off in the sprinkler afterwards.

Comment

also a good time to teach littles to drink out of big kid cups!

Comment

Working...
                              X