Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm Drowning Here. FCC, Quitting? and Screaming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Some background:

I am paid 450 a month. Today is payday and no payments been made in direct deposit. Its due at 6pm today. Last time they paid me 100 then the rest a week later. That's when I made up a contract. I am secretly hoping they don't pay me and find someone else. Though the mon loves me because I hold him and wash his cloth diapers.

When we have a good day (less than 3 hours of crying) I think I can do this. When we have a bad day I want to give my weeks notice. Bad days are 3 out of 5 here.
    wanted to comment on this I forgot in my last post- Charge weekly rate and for parents that don't pay you on time or any new clients you take on, make them pay a week ahead. No pay,no stay. An infant you should charge more for, at least $130 a week, but look around and see what others in your area are getting and set your price from there. Don't undercut yourself. If they pay late, charge late fees. You need to be able to depend upon your money.

Babies do cry- but crying most of the day is not normal. Parents might want to have the pediatrician check him out to rule out any serious problems, ears, acid reflux, etc.....

your new at this, so give yourself a break and learn through your experiences. Expect to change your policy,hand,rule book several times until you get it to where you want to be. best-
    Last edited by Michael; 06-01-2012, 11:27 AM.

Comment

I don't really have any additional advice to offer...the ladies here covered that well.

Welcome to the forum, though!

Comment

I felt stressed just reading all that you're going through.
        Please considering terming and starting fresh.

The parents of my children APOLOGIZE if they come early (by 10 minutes). Seriously. I love them. Wonderful families that are a joy to work with. Not for. With.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;234042]Some background:

I was really excited to get FCC certified. Then FCC told me I must have 6 kids in my tiny two bedroom duplex or else I'm not worth the investment. And the director is down right rude. So I guess my point is... I had all these hopes and dreams for a positive experience doing daycare. I wanted something small maybe 3 kids with play mates for my daughter, outings, arts and crafts and FUN like I have with my kiddo. I hoped to make an extra 800-1000$ a month save. But I pretty much was told expect to be walked all over by inspections, parents, screaming babies, bad kids for 308$ per kid. And if I do daycare in my home on post then I need 6 kids to max capacity or they will shut me down.

QUOTE]

My experience has been that if you are caring for children mainly to have playmates for your own child you will be constantly frustrated. You have to want to care for children for YOU because you love it and don't want to be doing anything else. Otherwise you will be miserable because most of the time the 0-5 crew don't play well together and you end up feeling bad for your little one because they are being pushed or bullied in their own home and you become defensive of your little ones. (Trust me I have been there and I know exactly where you are coming from.)
          You can't do childcare as a favor for a friend either. That is a HUGE favor to do for someone. A 5 month old baby is a lot of work and I'm sure you feel like your 18 month old is missing out on her SAHM because of the amount of time you put into the baby.
          My advice to you is to decide if childcare is really the kind of work you want to be in. Can you make it as a SAHM if you budget carefully? If you decide to continue with childcare because it is really what you love to do, make sure you take in children who are a good fit for you, your little one and your home.
          But you know what? Childcare can be a great business to be in but you can't be afraid to term when things don't go well You have to take care of you and your little family first. Good luck

Comment

Working...
          X