Reoccurring (BAD) Diaper Rash...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Childminder View Post
    I'm not certain but you might be able to get probiotics in another form?
    Attune makes chocolate bars with probiotics in them. They're actually pretty tasty. The dark chocolate variety is labeled as dairy-free. I bought mine at Chamberlin's in the refrigerator case near the yogurt. For a while I think Publix was carrying them too, and I'm pretty sure you can buy them online (but since they need to be kept cool for the bacteria to survive that may not work well in southern states)

Comment

Rashes

Originally posted by Lilbutterflie View Post
      There is a particular area, in which the rash has raised bumps and just refuses to go away- even after bowels seemed to settle down for a few days. It was at that time that I suggested to her parents I think she may have a yeast infection. This was about two weeks ago; and today FINALLY the mom brought in some antifungal cream for yeast infection. We'll see if this works.
      One of my dcgs (2) used to have the raised bumps that wouldn't go away with diaper cream. We tried all types--Desitin, Aquaphor, etc. Finally, the doc said probably yeast infection. After it cleared up with the yeast infection meds, I suggested using baby powder. (I don't have any infants in care currently, and I have been told that baby powder is bad for infants.) The baby powder makes it better for her, and she doesn't get the infections as long as I use it.

Comment

I've got one like this right now. He just has really sensitive skin and gets irritated very easily. It doesn't help that he poops during naps and doesn't wake up when it happens. I tried every cream on the market and found that Desitin Extra Strength coats his little bottom and stays put enough to protect his tush if he poops during nap. Other creams have the same concentration of active ingredient, but for some reason Desitin stays on the skin better.

To get it cleared up (here and at home) we let him go as much as possible without a diaper and used damp cloths to clean rather than wipes. Now that it is all cleared up we use the Desitin cream only as a preventative measure. He's not had any flare ups for a couple of weeks now, so so far so good.

Comment

It sounds like he's constipated maybe more water instead of juice or milk. More fruit too! Good luck

Comment

I don't think constipation. Constipation generally produces hard pebblet like stools. His are the opposite. I think he's only letting enough out to "relieve" himself," in essence making the problem worse.

Comment

My son has super sensative skin and I noticed the acidic foods, like tomatoes and juice definately made him more prone to rashes.

Comment

Working...
              X