What Do You Wear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Country Kids View Post
    I try to dress as if I'm going to work also because even though I'm in my home I am working. I see way to many daycare providers that have let themselves go because they work at home. So what if you work at home, feel good about yourself and represent that! I feel that if I'm always dressed for work and I met someone new they will know I take pride in my business, home, etc.
    I agree. I never wear sweats or yoga pants ~ I feel like that is too casual. I always wear jeans; in the winter I like layers, so I usually have a plain tee under a hoodie or denim shirt. In the summer, it's jean capris or longer shorts and tank top. I don't wear a lot of makeup, ever, but I do put on a tinted moisturizer and mascara at least. I have long hair so I do keep it in a clip or a ponytail.

Comment

Jeans, tees, sweaters, capri's (depends on the weather)...nothing really casual, like jogging pants, but I don't get all done up either! Some days I have time to put make-up on and others not!

Comment

I wear sweats and tshirts and a hoodie over the tshirt. If one of the kids has a booger nose, I zip up the sweatshirt so I can take it off when they leave and throw it in the wash (before I hug my own kids when they get home from school). I roll out of bed 10 minutes before the first child gets here so I can brush my teeth and wash my face and comb my hair. I shower in the evenings. I need as much sleep as I can get if I am going to keep up with 3 little ones each day. I refuse to wear makeup to hang out with little kids in my home. I have never had anyone comment on how I look. I think they are jealous cuz they have to wear real clothes. :: Now, when I leave my house, I do my hair, put on my full make up and dress to kill. My daycare parents and kids would have a hard time recognizing me if they saw me in public.

Comment

Originally posted by saved4always View Post
          Now, when I leave my house, I do my hair, put on my full make up and dress to kill. My daycare parents and kids would have a hard time recognizing me if they saw me in public.
          Love it! My dcf's all go to the same church, so they see me dressed up, wearing heels, jewelry, make up and hair done. Then they come to my house and see the real me w/hair in a ponytail, not a lick of makeup on, wearing glasses instead of contacts and in my jeans-tshirt-*** boot or birkenstock uniform. :: I'm surprised the kids recognize me at church!

Comment

I wear casual makeup, hair in a neat pony tail loosely styled down, jeans (sometimes capri cottons or yoga pants) and a nice shirt/sweater. I feel better looking like that and I don't mind the occasional spill. I've only had one shirt ruined with paint.

Comment

I REFUSE to wear anything "nice" as I always end up in the mud pit or up to my elbows in paint right along the kids.

I'm usually in jeans or khakis with a tshirt (i did have them made with my dc logo) but even those are covered in paint stains and bleach marks.

I pull my hair back in a pontytail, and light makeup.

I had to laugh, the other day I blew my hair out and did my makeup nice, and had newer nice looking jeans and a new tshirt on. A DC mom came in and said "oh, must be a field trip day." LOL

Comment

I dress casual and comfortable, but neatly. I wouldn't wear a stained shirt or ripped skirt, but, but I do dress to work. Now I am wearing a jeans skirt, long sleeve t-shirt, and zip up sweatshirt. Oh, and slippers. My feet get cold so I wear slippers. In the warmer weather I usually wear crocs except when going to the park and I try to wear sneakers because it's easier for me to push all the kids wearing decent footwear.

Comment

I dress similarly to how I did working in my retail jobs - casual, but nice. I wear jeans, sweaters, jumpers, skirts, and in the summer I wear layered tops, light dresses, skirts. But I only have older kids. No spitting up, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by AmyLeigh View Post
                    Love it! My dcf's all go to the same church, so they see me dressed up, wearing heels, jewelry, make up and hair done. Then they come to my house and see the real me w/hair in a ponytail, not a lick of makeup on, wearing glasses instead of contacts and in my jeans-tshirt-*** boot or birkenstock uniform. :: I'm surprised the kids recognize me at church!
                    I am the same way, most of my DCF go to the same church too, they always say when they look for me on Sundays, they are looking for the sweat/yoga pants and hoodies.

Comment

I wear jeans, sweaters, casual shirts, nicer t shirts,...same as I would wear to go out to eat or shop. I always put on makeup, because it makes me feel better. I fix my hair everyday into a casual style, not like I would to go somewhere fancy, but at least styled.

Comment

I wear jeans and a long sleeve shirt or sweatshirt during the winter and capri's and tshirts in the summer. I usually don't wear make up. The only time I wear that is when hubby takes me out or I have a special occasion. My hair goes in a pony, messy bun, or if I have time I dry and straighten it (I have some weird colics that don't allow it to air dry nice)

Comment

Originally posted by Country Kids View Post
                          I try to dress as if I'm going to work also because even though I'm in my home I am working. I see way to many daycare providers that have let themselves go because they work at home. So what if you work at home, feel good about yourself and represent that! I feel that if I'm always dressed for work and I met someone new they will know I take pride in my business, home, etc.
                          I'm the same way. Today I'm wearing Jeans, a long sleeved shirt and a tied sweater vest. That's my normal clothing that I would wear on the weekends or out with family. I wish I could put my hair up in a pony tail some days though but I have shoulder length curly hair so not going to happen.

I don't have babies here though so that may make a difference.

Comment

For daycare hours I wear casual knit pants happy t-shirts usually (Pooh, Mickey, etc) or a polo type shirt. Summer I will wear knit shorts or capris and same kind of shirts. When I first started daycare I wanted to be professional but the paints, glue, glitter, food, grass etc didn't match I also found some outfits to be very uncomfortable when we were out playing ball or building forts etc so I go for comfort and wear things that are easier replaced if need be. Basically my attire is relaxed casual but very tidy and clean.

Comment

I have a stack of fun pj bottoms which I wear with T-Shirts or Sweatshirts almost daily! Some have bears, some have tweety bird, winnie the pooh, funny monkeys, mickey minnie..the list goes on and on! The kids loves them and I am so comfortable! I sometimes wear jogging suits as well. I want to be comfortable so I can be completely focused on the kids and getting down on the floor to play. PJ bottoms and sweats are so much more affordable than jeans and nice shirts and I go through clothes like crazy. I warn all new dcps that I love to have fun and don't care much about what I am wearing but that they can feel confident that I am not spending the day lounging despite my appearance. They often say - you look so comfy, I envy you!
                              I remember one time my husband and I were going out for dinner so I had taken a minute to get dressed before he got home. I had put on a nice skirt and top and had done my hair and makeup. SA dcg said - Wow, I didn't know you were pretty!. It was so funny!

Comment

Originally posted by SunshineMama View Post
                                I am probably in the minority here but I get up, put on my makeup, do my hair, and put on usually a pair of jeans and a regular shirt (something I would wear if I were going out with my family). Occasionally I will wear a zip up sweatshirt, but I never do t-shirts. Sometimes I even wear nice button up Polos and have even had the parents comment on how nice my outfit looks. I do aprons for messy crafts and activities.

I mostly take a little time because I want to look nice for my husband. My grandfather told me on my wedding day, "Even though you are getting married and you got the guy, never let yourself go." I'm taking my grandpa's advice
                                I do the same. Though, I lean more towards cardigans. Lots of cardigans. It's the teacher in me ... ::

Comment

Working...
                                X