What Do You Wear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do You Wear

I was just curious what you all wear during the day? Have you had any parents comment on it.

Some mornings I still have sweats and a tshirt, or pj bottoms and a tshirt. My one DCG gets here at 545am. We snuggle until my husband gets out of the shower and I put her back to bed and he reads the paper and drinks coffee while I get in the shower. On fridays some times we have pj days where the daycare kids can wear them too.

I used to get dressed up everyday, do my hair, and makeup, but i tend to just get all nasty and its less comfortable. I usually tell my parents at interview, I dont put alot of time into what I look like on daycare days. I figure an hour more of sleep for me is more benefitial to the kids than what my hair looks like.

I have been thinking about actually buying scrubs for daycare days.

I have also thought about have daycare tshirts made. Haven't done research on how or cost or whether I would charge parents or what.

Any thoughts? What about those of you that have helpers, do you have a dress code for them?

I wear jeans or slacks and a t-shirt.

The only comment that a parent has ever made to me about my appearance was that "at least you can wear sweats to work". But I don't. I wear jeans or slacks.

I don't put loads of makeup on but I do make sure that my hair is nicely ponytailed, and I have conceiler under my eyes. LOL.

Comment

It's just me in my home. I value my sleep WAY too much to get all beautiful for the kids and parents. Last year I only had one SA who was here for twenty minutes in the morning and some days he was the only dck I had. So yeah! I didn't even get dressed and the mom totally got that! It's not like I was revealing anything, I had on underwear and a bra under the jammies.

It takes me 10 minutes to get ready in the morning. Get up, brush my hair, get dressed, put on minimal makeup to avoid looking like a zombie::::. I take my showers in the evenings.

As for what I wear, really, it depends on the weather and how I'm feeling. I just wear my regular clothes (mostly from New York and Company) and jeans. Some days it's hoodies, others it's oversized sweaters, some days I get crazy and put on a blouse. No one has said anything about how hot I look or how scrubby I look. Cuz really, what does it matter?! I'm clean, I'm awake and ready for the kids. End of story.

Comment

before i was pregnant on occasion i would do my hair and makeup, however now that im pregnant i throw my hair up and i wear sweats and comfortable shirts.

I have had a parent(the disrespectful one) say to me one time something along the lines about looking grubby, i looked at her and said what do i need to get ready for i am pregnant and i stay at home i am not going to dress in nice clothes for my daycare kids to stain does that make sense, I dont need to impress anyone by putting on nice clothes and makeup. I spend my day with children they dont care what i look like, and alot of the time they compliment me....

I thought it was extremely rude and don't know why anyone would think it is there place to ask why your dressed a certain way.

Comment

I wear jeans or slacks and a knit shirt. I don't wear t-shirts (like the ones with funny sayings) because I don't like the way they fit, but I would if I liked them. If I know we are going out in public later, I do my make up, but I don't bother otherwise. My hair is pretty much wash, scrunch, and call it good every day. The only thing is that I hate to wear shoes. In the winter, I usually wear my moccasin style house shoes until we get ready to go outside. In the summer, it's flip flops or bare feet.

Comment

I am probably in the minority here but I get up, put on my makeup, do my hair, and put on usually a pair of jeans and a regular shirt (something I would wear if I were going out with my family). Occasionally I will wear a zip up sweatshirt, but I never do t-shirts. Sometimes I even wear nice button up Polos and have even had the parents comment on how nice my outfit looks. I do aprons for messy crafts and activities.

I mostly take a little time because I want to look nice for my husband. My grandfather told me on my wedding day, "Even though you are getting married and you got the guy, never let yourself go." I'm taking my grandpa's advice

Comment

We revisit this topic every now and then: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=attire

Comment

Since I actually get up and go to work, I also get dressed as if I am getting up and going to work. kwim?

Comment

I try to dress as if I'm going to work also because even though I'm in my home I am working. I see way to many daycare providers that have let themselves go because they work at home. So what if you work at home, feel good about yourself and represent that! I feel that if I'm always dressed for work and I met someone new they will know I take pride in my business, home, etc.
                  Each day is a fresh start
                  Never look back on regrets
                  Live life to the fullest
                  We only get one shot at this!!

Comment

Originally posted by Country Kids View Post
                    I try to dress as if I'm going to work also because even though I'm in my home I am working. I see way to many daycare providers that have let themselves go because they work at home. So what if you work at home, feel good about yourself and represent that! I feel that if I'm always dressed for work and I met someone new they will know I take pride in my business, home, etc.
                    Great viewpoint.

If you look professional it is easy to act professional and have others treat you as a professional.

Comment

I wear nursing scrubs.......really comfortable, easy to clean and lets all my regular clothes stay free of play dough, paint stains, urpsies and the like. i purchase them at a thrift store for about $4 a set.

Comment

I wear sweats and only sweats ( sometimes jeans).

By the end of the day I have either snot, spit up, food, formula,paint, markers, poop, puke , dirt/mud or whatever on my clothes - I'm not about to get all that on nice clothes - I do wear "nicer" sweats however - usually Gap - so they are matching and put together plus I want to be very comfortable to get down and dirty with the kids during play time.
                        My parents totally understand !

I do do my hair and put on makeup everyday.

Comment

I treat it like Im going to work also. I pull my hair back in a braid (long hair), put on on makeup. I like to be comfortable so I usually wear yoga pants and comfortable shirts. I have a few scrub tops(love the pockets in them). One of my moms said "I didn't know you used to be a nurse!" umm, no

Jeans aren't for me with all the bending and sitting on the floor. I looove the yoga pants.

Comment

I have work pants (usually jeans or soft pull on ones) and either t-shirts or scrub tops. Nothing fancy because I get dirty every day.

However, I do my hair and make-up every single morning. Don't wanna scare folks....

Comment

I do hair and make up, but... Sweats or jeans make me the most comfy. I'm loving my sweatshirts (some of them are down right ratty from all the washing!), and I don't want to give 'em up. A perk of having my own business... Kids love me no matter what I'm wearing! Just to jazz it up, I'll put some glittery purple eyeshadow on, all the girls notice =) I don't think my daycare parents would notice if I wore the same pants day after day (for the record, I don't!) -- they know their kids taken care of, and I think that's what matters most =)

Comment

Working...
                              X