I Don't Get It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frgsonmysox View Post
    We are big on spending as much time together as a family. We even take the kids out on our Anniversary day, but do try to do a date night once a month. I couldn't imagine going somewhere like Disneyland without them! We did a week long vacation to South Dakota last year and we talked about how different it would be when the kids are all gone and we go places like that by ourselves. For now we enjoy doing family things with them.
    ok....lets see if you still want to go everywhere with kids in tow after doing daycare for 5 plus years.....

Awesome of you to give that to your children..you will have years and years once they are grown...

Maybe I just suck....

Comment

Originally posted by frgsonmysox View Post
      We are big on spending as much time together as a family. We even take the kids out on our Anniversary day, but do try to do a date night once a month. I couldn't imagine going somewhere like Disneyland without them! We did a week long vacation to South Dakota last year and we talked about how different it would be when the kids are all gone and we go places like that by ourselves. For now we enjoy doing family things with them.
      The whole country celebrates our anniversary with fireworks and barbecues, but that's a different topic.

I just found out that my eldest with be going to DL on Tues, minus her kids. They'll be staying home with grandma.

Comment

we went in april, with 4 kids, drove 2 days and had a blast. Today my kids were having discussions about epcot, I have no idea what they were talking about but they were talking amongst themselves, and it had to do with epcot. That is what memories are made off. We plan on going again in april, my kids can't wait, to them going to florida is the best (you can only handle so much cold weather and my kids love to swim) I would feel so guilty going without them. I know one day they are not going to want to come with us, so we take advantage of them now. One day dh and I will go to vegas alone, but right now I'm trying to convince him to take the kids too. I want them to experience life with family, my kids are close to each other and thats what family is. Oh for christmas day we are heading to ohio to go to great wolf lodge for 3 days.

Comment

Originally posted by countrymom View Post
          we went in april, with 4 kids, drove 2 days and had a blast. Today my kids were having discussions about epcot, I have no idea what they were talking about but they were talking amongst themselves, and it had to do with epcot. That is what memories are made off. We plan on going again in april, my kids can't wait, to them going to florida is the best (you can only handle so much cold weather and my kids love to swim) I would feel so guilty going without them. I know one day they are not going to want to come with us, so we take advantage of them now. One day dh and I will go to vegas alone, but right now I'm trying to convince him to take the kids too. I want them to experience life with family, my kids are close to each other and thats what family is. Oh for christmas day we are heading to ohio to go to great wolf lodge for 3 days.
          hey now that's almost my neck of the woods! I'm in Columbus, not far from I-71. My DH grew up in Cincy, just a couple miles from King's Island--he used to work there. Have fun! We've talked about going down there for Christmas some year.
          Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post
            ok....lets see if you still want to go everywhere with kids in tow after doing daycare for 5 plus years.....

Awesome of you to give that to your children..you will have years and years once they are grown...

Maybe I just suck....
            I did daycare before I became a mom, as well as a professional nanny gig. My oldest is 7, so we've been carting all the kids around for a while A lot of people think we are crazy but we both grew up in households where our parents weren't very affectionate and didn't enjoy doing things with us. It would be a LOT easier sometimes to just leave them and go out by ourselves, but we only have a few years with them before they don't want to hang out with us anymore. We'll only be in our 40's when the last one is a grown adult (all 6 of them), so we'll have plenty of time to be just us!

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
              hey now that's almost my neck of the woods! I'm in Columbus, not far from I-71. My DH grew up in Cincy, just a couple miles from King's Island--he used to work there. Have fun! We've talked about going down there for Christmas some year.
              My oldest daughter and I were in Columbus about 4 years ago for her choir tour. I remember going to a fabulous mall...it was huge! Can't remember the name of it now. It was an outside mall...not all under cover...

Comment

Space Mountain! happyface

Indiana Jones!happyface

Matterhorn !happyface

Thunder Mountain railroad happyface

California Screamer!happyface

I love Disneyland!!!!

They built that place for kids too? :confused::confused::confused:

Oh, I didn't know!

Comment

Ha ha , just kidding, I take my sweet angels all the time, but we do sometimes go alone.

Comment

The whole family went to DW (and when I say the whole family I'm talking Gma, Gpa, Siblings + SO's + grandchildren) in 2003 when I was preggers with my 3rd. It was AMAZING, and I would LOVE to go back just with the hubby. My 2 oldest (who are now 12 and 10) have been bugging me about going back. They remember getting kissed by Snow White and they were just babies! Now that my 4th and youngest is almost 6, I suppose it's about time..... Such a magical place!

Going alone with the hubby, or with friends? Nah not odd at all....to recapture a bit of youth is totally worth it!

Comment

I'd NEVER got to DW or DL without my kids, but we live very, very far away from both and have never been. I'd love to plan a family trip.

However, we do live within 45 minutes of a pretty large amusement park, which we have season passes to every year. We usually take the kids 2-3x and we go alone 2-3x. My oldest loves thrill rides and coasters, but my youngest hates them, so every once in awhile we take the oldest and leave the youngest with Grandma. They don't seem to mind at all!

Comment

Working...
                      X