No announcement yet.

Bringing Items In The Morning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes, I have that problem too.....daycare kids trying to take our toys home. I just take the toy and out they go with mom. If they throw a fit, its on our porch and my door is already closed. Parents are more likely to deal with it when they don't have the option of you doing it for them. It is very hilarious to see the kids running circles around their parents. I would never ever tolerate that, especially not in the street or driveway!

Comment

"But I just don't want to tell him, no"...what a dcm said to me about this very issue.

"Um...you NEED to tell your child no. For your sake and his, please tell your child no." was my response.

I don't get it either.

Comment

After I told grandma for the millionth time "home toys stay home". She drops off and says to dcb, "you have to share or hoopinglady will put this away.

what the heck?

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
          They don't want them to cry.
          The "No Cry" Generation.
          - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

I have had no problems with toys from this group, mostly because 4 out of 5 are from the same family.

They also haven't tried to bring food in. The only problem here has been sippy cups. At home, they are allowed to carry them around. Here, we only eat and drink at the table, and no carrying around of the cups. I can't even let them carry around water, because 3/5 like to spill it on the floor/table/whatever and fingerpaint with it. My shih-tzu can only clean so much!

Comment

Originally posted by sharlan View Post
              I don't have a problem with kids bringing things inside, whether it be food or toy.

They sit at the table and finish the food. I toss what they don't eat. I do ask that if it's a special treat like a donut, that they bring in enough for everyone.

If they come in with a toy, they know that they have to share or put it in their cubby.

I like when they bring books, it gives us a chance to read one that we may not have.

I don't really remember it ever being an issue.
              Goodness! Thanks for sharing that . I'm glad to hear that. I thought I was the only one. . Phew! It doesn't bother me either. I do exactly what you do. There was only a couple of times I had to put a special treat in the bag, cuz it wasn't enough for the group and the WHOLE group came and bombarded the little gal for the cool treat. She was completely okay with it though.

Book are awesome! I just simply put it back in their bag/cubby when we finish and they can have it at rest (as long as it doesn't cause any hassle), and on we go with our day. Sometimes, it just helps the transition for them to have a little bit of "home" with them when that's really where they want to be anyway.

Comment

This only works on kids with verbal skills, but this is what I do w a 3yob who brings in a toy daily. "Oooooo that a super cool car! Let's put it in the car box and we can all play with it.... That's a great toy! Thanks for donating it to the toy box....no? I can't have it? Oh well, better give it back to mom." Now FOOD is a different matter. No joking around there. Trash. But your 2yo might not go for the "cool! I get to keep it and everyone can play with it" routine. They have to be verbal and have a sense of humor for that. My 3yob, its a ritual. He KNOWS I will try to "aquire" his toy and is satisfied with showing me, letting me try to talk him into donating it, and giving it back to mom.

Comment

My 4 yo has some issues. Preschool was a battle with the kicking and screaming. He always wanted something to take with him. The teacher quickly realized that he didn't do it on "share" days. Now he takes a mini R2D2 with him every day. R2D2 sits on top of the cubbies and "watches" him.

Comment

At first when dcb started doing this, I was a little annoyed. But I realized it was a good teaching tool for my own 2 yo and the others. If a toy is brought from home it must be shared, just as my 2 yo must share his toys. And they all love the new toy! It is usually a book.
                    MnMum married to DH 9 years
                    Mum to Girl 21, Girl 18, Boy 14.5, Boy 11

Comment

I have a boy who knows the rules and his mama has been cooperative so he started smuggling his spiderman in his coat sleeve.

stinker.

He still knows it goes to the cubby, but I think he feels better knowing it's here.

Comment

the thing about letting the kids come in with toys if they share them is that that is just another thing to enforce. It my experience that they don't want to share their item and the parents get upset if it is not returned in the same condition. Its just another fight with the parents. Its way easier to me to have a no toy rule than to try and work around it. I throw items away or put it right into the bag, right in front of the parents so they know that their child will not be getting this back until they leave. This goes for blankies, lovies, sippys, etc, etc.

Comment

I finally told one dcm, "If your lo wants to bring a snack, fine. Just make sure you are packing enough for EVERYONE!"
                          It's so frustrating because this boy will come with a little baggie of goldfish and then my 3 yo is throwing a tantrum because I don't have any goldfish to give her. It's not like I don't feed the kid!
                          Toys are another issue. If they get lost in the mess of toys I already have here, oh well. I'm not gonna spend more time going through all of the toy boxes because one child wanted to show off his new toy. It'll show up sooner or later.

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
                            They don't want them to cry.
                            Oh no, it might hurt their self-esteem!!

Comment

Working...
                            X