No announcement yet.

Help With Wording/Suggestions For Change In Care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New children are given a two week trial period during which time the parent or provider can terminate care without the three weeks notice. I do this to allow families to make sure the child care provider is a good fit as well as to make sure the child has time to adjust and is a good fit within the child care setting.

does that sound good?

Comment

Originally posted by beachgrl View Post
      New children are given a two week trial period during which time the parent or provider can terminate care without the three weeks notice. I do this to allow families to make sure the child care provider is a good fit as well as to make sure the child has time to adjust and is a good fit within the child care setting.

does that sound good?
      sounds good to me

here is mine

The first two weeks are a paid trail period beginning on ________________ and will end on _______________. After your trail period ends, signer of this contract must give two weeks written notice before terminating this contract. Failure to notify _______________of resignation two weeks in advance will result in loss of full two weeks payment by you. By Signing below, I/we agree that I/we have read all above information and agree to comply with all rules and responsibilities stated.

Comment

Originally posted by beachgrl View Post
        We have a separate form that parents must sign with the discipline policy on it so I didn't include that. I also didn't include nap info because I planned to include it and a statement about pickup at that time in my handbook. I wanted to mainly get the key items that could cause problems or issues/legal things in the contract as well as policies i wanted to emphasize. I didn't want my contract to be so long as I feel much more info is included in the handbook which I am currently completing.
        I know a lot of people do both a handbook and a contract but it sounds like yours is getting confusing - like which topic can they find in which document?? If you are doing a full handbook I suggest getting that completed ASAP and then keeping the contract VERY simple, just listing names, info, days/hours, etc. and signing that stating that they agree to all the terms in the handbook.

I don't do the handbook - just have a 6 page contract - I only list the basics - don't go into the detail some providers do with examples, etc. its just straight to the point - in 10 years its all I ever needed.

Sometimes being too wordy and having too many documents just gets confusing.

Comment

yes, my contract is only one page.... sweet short and simple.

the rest of the stuff I have goes into my PHB....

Comment

Originally posted by LittleDiamonds View Post
            I know a lot of people do both a handbook and a contract but it sounds like yours is getting confusing - like which topic can they find in which document?? If you are doing a full handbook I suggest getting that completed ASAP and then keeping the contract VERY simple, just listing names, info, days/hours, etc. and signing that stating that they agree to all the terms in the handbook.

I don't do the handbook - just have a 6 page contract - I only list the basics - don't go into the detail some providers do with examples, etc. its just straight to the point - in 10 years its all I ever needed.

Sometimes being too wordy and having too many documents just gets confusing.
            That will be next on my list for this week, I will most likely do as you mentioned with being simple with the contract and including more detail in the handbook, as well as having them sign of on the terms of the handbook.
            Thanks ladies, getting all this straight from the get go and trying to decide what to include, what not is time consuming and hard, ! I appreciate all the suggestions and questions so that I can better clarify my items!

I have informed both of my current families of the changes and I will be waiting nervously all week until I hear something on whether I will lose or keep them! It has been nerve wracking some of the things I have had to deal with because I allowed them to come as drop ins with no contract even for that care and I am tired of it! I have suddenly grown my minature backbone quite a bit and I will live with the fallout if they leave...just means I can get families in who know what I expect from the get go and who will not be as able to manipulate me because I have been through several newbie things as well as having a contract and handbook in place!

Whew...I am tired and have butterflies in my stomach now but at the same time I feel better that it is all out there and they can decide what their next move is. Mine is to make sure my business is run the way I WANT!

Comment

I am all about running your business the way that you want however,

You also need to listen to the needs of prospective clients. For example, I only wanted to do full time. Then all of a sudden I had a huge change in clients and it seems right now that everyone ones drop in a few days a week and half days.

I never wanted my business to run this way, but I decided that I had to give the people what they are asking for.
              So now, I have in my contract that I will offer these schedules as long as there is availability. All full time request will override part time schedules or the part time spot will be offered to go full time.

SOunds like you are off to a great start...

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post
                I am all about running your business the way that you want however,

You also need to listen to the needs of prospective clients. For example, I only wanted to do full time. Then all of a sudden I had a huge change in clients and it seems right now that everyone ones drop in a few days a week and half days.

I never wanted my business to run this way, but I decided that I had to give the people what they are asking for.
                So now, I have in my contract that I will offer these schedules as long as there is availability. All full time request will override part time schedules or the part time spot will be offered to go full time.

SOunds like you are off to a great start...
                Totally agree with you on what the needs are but i have had more than my fair share of issues, especially with the one family and I cannot make itnoff these two families so its either make changes (both these families were given drop in care provided others did not need ft or there was availability, but even with that they don't want to lose their spot with my enrollment picking up but yet they want the whole week available to them) or go back to a teaching or other job outside the home.

Thanks, I think I will be able to replace them should they leave so fingers crossed, now to just wait and see what they want to do.

Comment

Working...
                X