Outdoor Play Equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by momofsix View Post
    Thanks for all the help! I'll probably check out Craigslist and see if there is anything like these on there, save me from spending so much money--these things are expensive!
    Wal-Mart has a lot of outdoor children's toys of clearance now at about half price. My sister had bought her 1 and 2 year old a few weeks ago a climber for $79 and now it's $49! I bought them the bubble push mower and that is about half price too. (2 year old LOVES it, but DON'T put the bubbles in it, it doesn't work very well, but he fights to push it and took it down the slide and in the sandbox and spilled most of the bubbles day one and got all messy on his birthday LOL)

I told her next year to host the children's birthdays two weeks later because everything is on clearance, but this year she specifically requested an outdoor item for her boys, so now her backyard is stocked and she didn't have to make room for other toys inside!

Comment

Natural Outdoor Classroom

You may consider looking into natureexplore.org it is sponsored by the arbor day foundation and focuses more on creating natural outdoor enviroments rather then the store bought plastic toys. There are numerous ideas on the web for natural playgrounds.
      One not so natural idea is a dry erase board for outside. I bought a sheet of white board intended for showers and screwed it to my fence in a shaded area of the yard. Get some dry erase markers and the kids can express their creativity outside. It has provided tons of enjoyment and they have yet to grow bored of it.

Comment

Another idea....if you have a concrete pad or walk, sidewalk chalk will fascinate/occupy kids for hours and hours.

And when they run out of "canvas", a good blast with the garden hose, and they have a blank slate to do it all over again.
        Spouse of a daycare provider....which I guess makes me one too!

Comment

back yard fence

Hello This is timeka I am trying to open up a day care in milwaukee i can't afford to put a fence in my back yard. any ideas. Also i have part conccreate and half grass for my back yard. any cheap inexpensive ideas to cover the cement with. Help Please. Is there any site that sell cheap tableas for kids also interconnected smoke alarms.

Comment

Working...
          X