Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most Important Lessons You've Learned Here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont lose any children
    "God said, ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart. He will do everything I want him to do.'"
    Acts 13:22

Comment

No matter how much experience you have, you can always learn something new from others.

I've been blessed with great families and kids - making my job a whole lot easier.

Never be too quick to judge someone - stick around, read their many posts and realize that everyone here (with the exception of trolls, obviously) is coming from a place of concern and caring.

In the end, I can't remember how I stumbled across this board, but I'm glad I did .

Comment

Originally posted by Lianne View Post
        The biggest thing I've learned from this forum is that I have a fantastic group of clients and kids. I read about the issues others have with disrespectful, rude and poorly behaved children and parents and I realize how fortunate I am to have clients who appreciate me, value the service I provide and respect me, my home and my business.

If I get frustrated with something business related, I come here and read for awhile. It helps put my situation into perspective and I'm able to find a good solution.
        Same here

Comment

Originally posted by dEHmom View Post
          Catherder's always right
          I printed that for my husband...he rolled his eyes. ::::

I love you for saying that!! I just wish it was true....

I really only know what has and has not worked for me.

I learn new things and re-consider things based on what others say here almost daily.
          - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by melskids View Post

*To see the value in everyone's post, even when I don't agree.

*To take the info I want/need, and respectfully leave the rest.

Thank You ladies, and Michael, for always being here.
            That's really nice to hear from all of you. Thanks! A lot goes into keeping the servers going and the cost of the software and traffic load. Time is also important and the help of all the other mods makes it a lot easier. Actually, all of you have created what is contained in here. I am glad that there is now the technology available to offer so much to so many.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              That's really nice to hear from all of you. Thanks! A lot goes into keeping the servers going and the cost of the software and traffic load. Time is also important and the help of all the other mods makes it a lot easier. Actually, all of you have created what is contained in here. I am glad that there is now the technology available to offer so much to so many.
              Do you have a method or means of taking donations for financial support to always keep the forum up and running? If we could donate $5 or $10 for simply being able to utilize this wealth of info, friendship, support and comic relief, I would pitch in without hesitation....

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                Do you have a method or means of taking donations for financial support to always keep the forum up and running? If we could donate $5 or $10 for simply being able to utilize this wealth of info, friendship, support and comic relief, I would pitch in without hesitation....
                Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok thats enough letters to let me post now...
                Last edited by Michael; 10-21-2011, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                  No thank you. Really, I appreciate it but its not needed. The main www.Daycare.com site has advertisers and paid listings in our registry.

Comment

Originally posted by dEHmom View Post
                    this is true. Catherder's always right
                    Yes this is my most important lesson on daycare.com
                    http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
                      Yes this is my most important lesson on daycare.com
                      :::::: I had to come back and tell you my DD saw this and said she was going to be physically ill. ::

I did not even know the kid was reading in here.... I thought she was printing her english paper in the playroom.

I was getting out winter gear from the attic..ugh...yuck. I dread that chore all summer.... How does it even get that smell??? I wash it before I pack it up...:confused:

Fun thread, though!! ::
                      - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Get a deposit from those who want to enroll in advance, especially for infants.

Comment

Clients must prepay.

A monthly fee is the best way to hold for an infant because it gives you more contact with the parents.

Talking to others helps lessen the stress.
                          Celebrate! ::

Comment

all the safety threads like positional asphyxia, keeping doors locked, cameras,also the nutrition info, and sharing great places to visit with Sharlan!!

Comment

I wouldn't exactly call them "lessons", but I have learned there are 3 KEY issues. Of course, the forum helped me see my big issues are everyone's big issues.
                              1. Dealing with behavioral issues.
                              2. Dealing with parents and policy issues.
                              3. Operational, environmental and financial management issues.
                              Last edited by Michael; 12-05-2011, 02:53 PM.

Comment

I have learned that while I still think I am overworked and taken advantage of by my parents, I let it happen by needing the work so much that I was afraid to make rules. Of my 3 parents, only one pays me in advance. I had no idea it could be done.

I learned that I need to explore more insurance options.

I learned that the things I though were so bad or irritating are nothing compared to some of the stories I've been reading!! I have a screamer that hates other children. I was trying to figure out how to drop her because she's so horrible, but now she doesn't seem so horrible. She only cries 7 out of the 12.5 hours, but she does eat and sleep, and when the other kids are gone, she smiles and laughs. I'm learning some new techniques to calm her--one of them worked!!!

I have learned that I am way more informal than most, but it seems to work for my parents, and since we are all happy, I guess it's good.

I've learned that I should have looked for this forum months ago!! You guys are great!!

Comment

Working...
                                X