Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Positive Thread - What Happened That was GOOD Today?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I put myself to bed early last night and slept 9.5 hours. It was wonderful.

Comment

• My ds and his gf came to visit yesterday. I haven't seen my ds since Christmas and his gf since last May so it was really nice. I miss being close to my kids. Their childhoods flew by so fast.

Comment

• I was patient, engaged and joyful with the children this morning. I have been grumpy (especially with one particular little booger) and wanting to just drink coffee and passively observe lately so am making an extra effort to get myself back to the kind of provider and care giver I want to be. Difficult dcb3 was still his normal difficult self, but he only raised my blood pressure once ::

Comment

• Dh trimmed our fruit trees today and the kids watched out the window standing on step stools for two solid hours. Talking and asking and watching. It was wonderful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baby Beluga View Post
            I put myself to bed early last night and slept 9.5 hours. It was wonderful.
            That was me. Last night I went to bed at 10:00p.m. It was great until the sun tried waking me up at 6:00am. I said nooooooo I still have 1 hour left of sleep haha ::::

Although I have a cough, and my throat is scratchy I will make the best of today.

Comment

• My newest dcm asked for my licensor's contact info at pick-up today. Turns out she wasn't upset with me but said now that the kids have been here for over a month, she and her husband realize "just how atrocious" the previous home daycare really was. They had been keeping a running list of their concerns but didn't know if they were blowing it out of proportion or not.
              As awful as it is to know that other providers may not be up to snuff, I am just glad that I am meeting these little one's needs!
              Bonus - just accepted another infant starting early May. I know they interviewed elsewhere and I am NOT the cheapest. My dh said to no longer stress over the fact that I can't offer all the bells and whistles. Apparently the fact that our home is filled with love is what is pulling the families in cause we are now bursting with kiddos!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Claraskids View Post
                My newest dcm asked for my licensor's contact info at pick-up today. Turns out she wasn't upset with me but said now that the kids have been here for over a month, she and her husband realize "just how atrocious" the previous home daycare really was. They had been keeping a running list of their concerns but didn't know if they were blowing it out of proportion or not.
                As awful as it is to know that other providers may not be up to snuff, I am just glad that I am meeting these little one's needs!
                Bonus - just accepted another infant starting early May. I know they interviewed elsewhere and I am NOT the cheapest. My dh said to no longer stress over the fact that I can't offer all the bells and whistles. Apparently the fact that our home is filled with love is what is pulling the families in cause we are now bursting with kiddos!!
                We (MN providers) are required to give parents upon enrollment a copy of licensing rules and a written grievance policy so that they know where, how and who to contact for complaints.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                  We (MN providers) are required to give parents upon enrollment a copy of licensing rules and a written grievance policy so that they know where, how and who to contact for complaints.
                  Thankfully I did at enrollment. Not sure if she didn't realize that or not. The other provider is in a different town and she didn't know who to contact. Asked me for help in finding the information. Since both towns are in the same county, I assured her it would be the same info and just gave her another copy of the info.
                  I do not know the name of the other provider and asked not to be told. Not taking any chances on confidentiality issues.
                  Now off to enjoy a much needed three day weekend. Happy Easter everyone!

Comment

• Maybe I should have Good Friday off next year?!!!! I need a 3day weekend.

Comment

• Off today, headed to Birmingham for the weekend.....and only a three day work week next week.....I need it, too! happyface

Comment

• Originally posted by Annalee View Post
                        Off today, headed to Birmingham for the weekend.....and only a three day work week next week.....I need it, too! happyface
                        Lucky!! I have maternity leave starting April 1st...but that's not really a vacation at all. I would love a relaxing time away! Have fun!

Comment

• Last weekend we converted DD's crib to toddler bed, and on Monday I transitioned DCG from packnplay to cot. DCG transitioned like a champ, and DD did NOT!

DD loves her new freedom and will NOT stay in bed, she just gets up over and over to play with toys and the light switch and just run around. It's been a very tiring week for DH and I .

Well, TODAY, naptime was amazing. I did a nice long play session in the nursery (Where the toddlers sleep) before naptime, read lots of stories with dimmed lights and white noise on, sang lots of lullabies while they laid down, and then sat there and reminded them to stay in their beds and go night-night. DCG took 5-10 minutes to settle down and DD took 30. No drama! So magical! Progress is amazing!!!

On a related note...am I the only one here whose most challenging DCK is their own child?

Comment

• Friday evening one of my daycare families stopped by to drop off a beautiful bouquet of flowers for Easter. So thoughtful and made me feel appreciated. I took a sick day yesterday (first time in years, honestly, I can't remember ever closing because I am ill) and one of my families affected seemed irritated by it, so I was feeling a little frustrated. This other family's simple gesture definitely put a smile on my face :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                              Friday evening one of my daycare families stopped by to drop off a beautiful bouquet of flowers for Easter. So thoughtful and made me feel appreciated. I took a sick day yesterday (first time in years, honestly, I can't remember ever closing because I am ill) and one of my families affected seemed irritated by it, so I was feeling a little frustrated. This other family's simple gesture definitely put a smile on my face :-)
                              That is amazing. Hope you are feeling better. It is always nice to have families who genuinely appreciate you. Families who don't understand we are human and can get sick annoy me.

Comment

• I am finally going to be able to give notice today for the baby who has screamed non stop for the last 4 months. What a relief!

Comment

Working...
                                X