Why Does It Bother Me SO MUCH....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SilverSabre25 View Post

Unregistered, I'm glad you don't have a problem with people arriving early--but I'm willing to bet that you DO have an issue with something, somewhere, somehow, that some of us may find silly and trivial. Just because you don't care, doesn't make someone who does care, wrong. It's just different. Embrace differences, and remember that yours is NOT the only opinion that counts. I would insert a flower-holding-smiley here to show that I'm trying to be nice, but we don't have one of those. :P
    Oh I love this...........so perfectly well said.

Comment

Originally posted by caligirl View Post
      Whining? I think I'm complaining, not whining. Children whine. I'm not a child. And I did say 'I don't know why' it bugs me so much. It just does.
      I thought this board was for us daycare providers to come together to talk, share, vent, complain about things that bug us. Everyone is intitled to their own opinions. If we cannot talk to others in our profession about things that bug us, figuring they will of course understand where we are coming from then this forum is not what I hoped it would be.

Caligirl......I did not take what you said as whining. Call it complaining if you will, but I for one appreciated your honesty because I get annoyed by the same thing.

Comment

I would imagine that the parents that arrive super early and hang out in the parking lot are using the car seat as a babysitter. There is less "kid on my time" when you can add an extra 30 minutes of time where your kid is physically restrained and you don't have to supervise or correct in any way. I am seeing more and more parents using a car seat inside the home even. Strap the wild toddler in and put on cartoons.

Comment

what about this twist?

Like I said before I totally agree with the disrespect of early arrivial. The only time I can justify it is when there is bad weather & then a quick text to say Im bringing dcc early goes along way with me!

With that said- what if you contracted xx hours with dcf & they take it upon themselves to mark your contract typically they will use xx hours you agreed upon but then they put in your contract they can come & go anytime within your open hours?????

Comment

Originally posted by wahmof3 View Post
            Like I said before I totally agree with the disrespect of early arrivial. The only time I can justify it is when there is bad weather & then a quick text to say Im bringing dcc early goes along way with me!

With that said- what if you contracted xx hours with dcf & they take it upon themselves to mark your contract typically they will use xx hours you agreed upon but then they put in your contract they can come & go anytime within your open hours?????
            If they took upon themselves to change the contract they wouldn't recieve a space in my program. That is the ultimate disrespect and I'd stop it before it went any further.

Comment

Originally posted by wahmof3 View Post
              ::::::::::

that would never happen

They would be given a fresh spankin new contract and a do over or they would be gone.
              Last edited by nannyde; 10-11-2011, 01:00 PM.
              http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

And again, to those who don't understand my pet peeve.....my issue was with the first child arriving in the morning. The children that arrive later aren't always on the minute....in fact, they tend to arrive within a 15 minute window, which I couldn't care less about....it's that very first drop off of the morning, before my doors are 'officially open' that I was referring to

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post

That would never happen

ha ha! Agreed!!!

Comment

Whining? I think I'm complaining, not whining. Children whine. I'm not a child. And I did say 'I don't know why' it bugs me so much. It just does.
                    Yes, dear, you ARE whining. You can do something about it, but you haven't so you have nothing to complain about. That means you are WHINING. You could choose to ignore her until 7, as I suggested, but instead you chose to let her in and then come here so you have something new to WHINE about.

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post

that would never happen

They would be given a fresh spankin new contract and a do over or they would be gone.
                      Working on that as we speak

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                        Yes, dear, you ARE whining. You can do something about it, but you haven't so you have nothing to complain about. That means you are WHINING. You could choose to ignore her until 7, as I suggested, but instead you chose to let her in and then come here so you have something new to WHINE about.
                        Nothing to do with WHAT you said (we are all entitled to our opinions), just that you could find a more constructive and supportive way to say it.

Just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                          Wow. Thanks mom!

Comment

Did anyone notice it's a full moon?

Comment

Wow. Thanks mom!
                              would you like some cheese with that whine!@! Its that time of the month.... I have not seen one in while, but looks like its troll season....

Comment

I'm not allowed to say that anymore on this forum. Snickers....

Comment

Working...
                                X