X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kids pics

Originally posted by karen View Post
    Here is my website....

Feel free to use any of these ideas that you want. Pictures of the children are kept private and so is my contract. It is just a standard contract.
    I am really pleased with webs.com it was the easiest thing I ever did.

I am so happy to see that you keep the kids pictures private.

Comment

Originally posted by karen View Post
      Here is my website....

Feel free to use any of these ideas that you want. Pictures of the children are kept private and so is my contract. It is just a standard contract.
      I am really pleased with webs.com it was the easiest thing I ever did.
      Karen,

Now is the time to register KarensFamilyChildcare.com

Go to godaddy.com and purchase it. You should be able to also URL forward your website to your new domain name. That way you can advertise KarensFamilyChildcare.com on your stationary. KarensFamilyChildcare.com will be owned by you. karensfamilychildcare.webs.com is owned by webs.com

If webs.com ever goes out of business you will lose karensfamilychildcare.webs.com but you will never lose karensfamilychildcare.com since it is your property. Suggest you buy and promote that from now on.
      Last edited by Michael; 10-16-2011, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Hi there,

Sorry been quite busy lately, so here are my two cents on starting and maintaining a website for your daycare:

1. Get the domain name - Michael is right on in getting the domain name even if you do use a free website like weebly or wordpress... It establishes your identity, and from a parent's point of view - would be more professional too.

2. Highly recommend having a blog instead of just a website. You can include some daily tips on childcare on a weekly or bi-weekly basis and make sure you include your target keywords in the body of your post and your title post whenever you can. If you have a daycare in Atlanta, Georgia for example: having keywords show up twice or thrice per post "daycare in Atlanta" will help your website/ blog go up in Google search if someone types in those keywords.

3. In relation to no. 2 - two good blogging platforms to use is Blogger and Wordpress.com - with wordpress you can buy your chosen domain theme if available... But, I think you can get it cheaper at GoDaddy.com if it's available. In wordpress.com - I think it's about $10.00 and above a year.

4. Cover the basic pages or Navigation Tab:
        - Brief overview/ history of your daycare
        - WHO YOU ARE, your credentials
        - Some photos of the play area
        - Contact us info with Google map (listing your business in Google local directories is also a great way of getting your site up in the search pages)
        - Rates, Sample Day Sked and Downloadable contract in PDF (to sample)
        - A link to your facebook page and twitter too if possible.

Hope this helps anyone starting here!
        Last edited by Michael; 10-17-2011, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Ok, I've decided to do it. It's going to take me some time as I have so much other stuff going on.

I'm going to go with the godaddy.com for the domain name and website.

Comment

Thanks Michael I am going to register. I did not even think of that!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              I am so happy to see that you keep the kids pictures private.
              Thanks! I also asked and had my parents sign a permission slip so I can post pics of the kids on my site.

Comment

I am still working on my own website: http://pumpkinpatchacres.com and I agree, if you can, BUY YOUR DOMAIN NAME!!! Hosting is dirt cheap and so is domain name registration.

I've got quite a bit of experience building Joomla and Wordpress websites so if anyone needs help building a custom site for their daycare, PM me and I'll be happy to help!

Comment

Originally posted by misspollywog View Post
                  I am still working on my own website: http://pumpkinpatchacres.com and I agree, if you can, BUY YOUR DOMAIN NAME!!! Hosting is dirt cheap and so is domain name registration.

I've got quite a bit of experience building Joomla and Wordpress websites so if anyone needs help building a custom site for their daycare, PM me and I'll be happy to help!
                  Good for you! You have learned the tools it will take to make it in the new virtual world. A domain name is property on the internet, and you can make it profitable and valuable.

Comment

I use to design web sites and still do when time permits. I'm willing to help out anyone who would like a site designed. PM me!
                    My web site; WWW.lymefamilydaycare.com.

Comment

Originally posted by lymemomma View Post
                      I use to design web sites and still do when time permits. I'm willing to help out anyone who would like a site designed. PM me!
                      My web site; WWW.lymefamilydaycare.com.
                      Very nicely done.

Comment

Yes, buy your domain name. and hostbig.com charges $1 per month for hosting.

Comment

ok, how do I point my weebly site to my godaddy domain name?

(for the record, this is the only thing Ive needed help with, . I havenet even asked the teenagers for help. !!!! Go Me!
                          Originally posted by Michael View Post
                          Sharlan PM's me with questinos about websites and advertising. I asked to to start a thread and if it takes off I will make it sticky.

Just a little insight into what I do. I started creating websites in 1995 with such brands as Daycare.com, Nashville.com, PalmSprings.com, Manicure.com and many others. I have a lot of experience in making money in the virtual world and some sites have generated over a $1mil a year in profits. You can read about some of my work here: http://dnjournal.com/cover/2006/december.htm

sharlan: What do you find important to put in your website, what do you feel is best left out? Do you have a section for daily updates on what the kids are doing?

Other providers would have some good ideas. I would suggest you engage your potential clients in a way that gives them a virtual feel of your facility. It is important that you "lead" your visitors to the information that is most important be it "potential clients" or "current clients". Information is great but you must offer it is simple ways.

sharlan: Do you put in lots of pics of your daycare area - inside and out?

I would suggest you use pictures of in and out but not too many since large pictures or information slows down the viewing process. There are ways to reduce file size in pictures and I will cover that in future posts.

sharlan: Do you go to other websites and steal their ideas (JUST KIDDING)?

Always look at other sites for ideas. Here is on that signed up today on Daycare.com. www.OrganicKidcare.com

https://www.daycare.com/php/showlisting.php?ID=00179911&p=1

There is a lot they are doing correctly on this site. The fact that they have a great website and also advertise on Daycare.com is multifaceted. The fact Dacyare.com is listed #1 on Google, Bing and Yahoo for the term "daycare" helps get their website into the higher rankings or searches. This is a secret many advertisers use to gain higher status in search results.

sharlan: Do you buy the domain name (is that the right thing) from Google for $10 a year?

There are many registrars that you can get your name from. It is not like the old days when Network Solutions was the only one you could get a domain from. They use to charge $50 a year! These days you can get them as low as $8. Choose from a registrar that offers others services you may need like getting your email address with your domain name [email protected] or URL forwarding which allows you to "point" an address at your name.

Example: If I get a free website from weebly.com and buy my domain name from goDaddy.com for $8. I can point my Weebly site to my new domain name. That way you see my site at MyChildcare.com and not mychildcare.weebly.com
                          Remember Weebly.com owns mychildcare.weebly.com but you own MyChildcare.com. You can advertise MyChildcare.com knowing you will always own the name (as long as you pay the reg fee every year).

There is a lot more I can write about and if there are any questions feel free to ask them. I would like this thread to be referenced by anyone looking for website information for any business field.

Comment

Originally posted by laundrymom View Post
                            ok, how do I point my weebly site to my godaddy domain name?

(for the record, this is the only thing Ive needed help with, . I havenet even asked the teenagers for help. !!!! Go Me!
                            I don't know the godaddy backend very well but look for URL Forwarding. You put the weebly address in the URL field and select the FRAME option. I can always walk you through it over the phone or you can give me access and I can do it for you.

Comment

Google Maps

With our daycare - http://helpinghannah.com - I found that it really helped to make sure to list in google maps business and make sure it was 90% complete or above complete. We went from nowhere on the results to the top of 2nd page sometimes bottom of first for "daycare bloomington indiana". I think it's also important to google to put your location in bold as well.

Comment

Trust

Trust is the most important aspect of a website. If you can post pictures, reviews, testimonials, etc. This will help your online conversions immensely!

Comment

Working...
                                X