No announcement yet.

Nap Time Music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use a cd that is a mixture of natures sounds and classical music. I keep it playing a bit on the loud side to drown out the "chatty" ones. The one I have goes from very low songs to rather loud ones off and on throughout (kind of annoying and the opposite of relaxing to me ). BUT, the kids are so used to this quiet/loud pattern that it now takes a whole lot to startle them awake. They sleep like a dream with this thing and I'd be lost without it.

I've used the same CD for years and the kids actually get upset with me if I attempt to put something else in. I think they are strangely addicted to it

Comment

Mine nap to the country music channel on the tv........they sleep like little logs

Comment

I use direct tv's beautiful instrumental channel. I tried classical but the volume goes up and down too much. I have a sound machine I use in the baby room.

Comment

I have a variety of classical, nature sounds and lullabye type music cd's as well as some low key stuff like norah jones that I just love to play for myself and them...one thing though, I had been using the soundscapes channel since I opened because we lost the plug to my cd player and the batteries lasted no time since we left the cd player on one day and they love to do the Emergency Alert right in the middle of naptime on there, not a weekly test as it says but have found they do it DAILY!!!

What in the world, I am playing the music mostly for the toddler who is a light sleeper so I can get schoolwork and such done nearby and all of a sudden in our nice calm music comes that loud awful noise? sheesh...it's crazy!

I am so glad I found the cord to my cd player this weekend so I dont have to dash for the remote to mute the tv when it does that, too bad too because I do like that channel but I have plenty of music so oh well

Comment

My favorite nap time cd is RETURN TO POOH CORNER by KENNY LOGGINS!
            I have used this cd for ever. Since I heard it back in 93....When I first started in this field.

Comment

Originally posted by tbutler View Post
              I purchased cd's from dollar tree that are a mix of classical and nature sounds. Loved paying only $1! I put the cd on "repeat all" until I wake them up.
              Exactly the same here. I have a bunch of them from the $1 store.

Comment

Working...
              X