Symptom Exclusion Policy - My Form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symptom Exclusion Policy - My Form

I've just finished up, I hope, an updated version of my Symptom Exclusion Policy. I'm going to hand it out to the parents and require a copy be signed and then they will have an easier way to check my exclusion policies rather than having to flip through the handbook.

Here's a copy of it with my personal info blacked out. I was hoping a few of you would be able to tell me what you think before I send it out today.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly View Post
      That's pretty much all I needed to hit the print button! ::

Comment

Nicely done! I like it. It's simple and leaves very little to negotiate or misunderstand.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
          Nicely done! I like it. It's simple and leaves very little to negotiate or misunderstand.
          Thank you! happyface

Comment

I have to say that the ONLY reason I have even the slightest idea of what I'm doing is because of the forum and all of the wonderful providers here!

Comment

Originally posted by craftymissbeth View Post
              I have to say that the ONLY reason I have even the slightest idea of what I'm doing is because of the forum and all of the wonderful providers here!
              to that too. :: I agree!

Comment

That's how I made my sickness policy!

Comment

Sounds great! Mine is quite similar. I put a copy in the handbook, but I also put a copy in the welcome packets that parent's must sign and return when they start. That way I have a signed copy for their file and they have a copy in the handbook.

Comment

Comment

Am I the only one who if I had a policy like that would have no clients?

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel View Post
                        Am I the only one who if I had a policy like that would have no clients?
                        Can I ask what things in that policy wouldn't work for you? I am genuinely interested.

I don't have parents that don't keep their kids home for the reasons listed in OP's form so I am just wondering.

I really didn't read anything she was excluding for that should be allowed.....vomiting, diarrhea, unexplained rashes, contagious things...

The exclusion after imms is something I do because of bad experiences so I simply prefer parents to deal with that.

Other than the policy sounding really official, I can't see any exclusions that are out of the ordinary...

Comment

Can I ask what things in that policy wouldn't work for you? I am genuinely interested.

I don't have parents that don't keep their kids home for the reasons listed in OP's form so I am just wondering.

I really didn't read anything she was excluding for that should be allowed.....vomiting, diarrhea, unexplained rashes, contagious things...

The exclusion after imms is something I do because of bad experiences so I simply prefer parents to deal with that.

Other than the policy sounding really official, I can't see any exclusions that are out of the ordinary...
                          I have pretty much e exact same policy, EXCEPT after immunization. Mainly because none of our nurse practitioners are open on Fridays and I keep kids contracted and on weekends also. I DO understand the reasons some have e immunization exclusion policy though.

The only other difference is that I do administer medications here.

All the exclusion symptoms sound just like mine, except mine is a little more in depth as far as the list is concerned.

Comment

So far I have only had one issue and that's with someone bringing their child with a fever. 100% of the list of symptoms are what my licensor said must be excluded for. I also care for a very young group and illnesses are more likely to get around due to mouthing, drool, etc. I also am full and my clients appreciate that I care greatly about the spread of illness through my business and home

Comment

I personally strive to make sure my forms and policies are professional and "official". I realize that others prefer that their policies sound friendlier, but I like to make sure my clients know that I even though my business is out of my home it's still a business and I take that seriously. I do get that without the whole package (me, my environment, my program, etc.) it does come off as cold.

Comment

Working...
                              X