No announcement yet.

What Do Your Kids Drink?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I serve organic apple juice daily for breakfast for kids 2yo and up, but the amount of juice is very small (1/ 1.5 oz). I do not dilute the juice with water. The kids know the second portion of juice never will be provided. Immediately after breakfast, we have a circle time. There are no any discipline issues.

Comment

****nothing to see here****
      Last edited by hwichlaz; 12-10-2018, 08:30 AM. Reason: didn't see my previous reply

Comment

We serve water during morning snack, milk with breakfast and lunch and juice for afternoon snack on Tuesday, Wednesday, & Friday

Comment

Fun Fridays: 100% fruit juice for PM snack.

Comment

If you ask any dietitian they will tell you that most juice has no nutritional benefit at all. It is just sugar water; our kids don't need more sugar: It's bad for dental health, it's bad for their metabolism, and has been associated with developing type 2 diabetes in children. They need to learn how to drink water and have milk with their meals.

The only time I have given my kids juice is if we are going on a field trip in the summer. I will pack Capri Suns because it is almost a guarantee that they will drink them and this will keep them hydrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              If you ask any dietitian they will tell you that most juice has no nutritional benefit at all. It is just sugar water; our kids don't need more sugar: It's bad for dental health, it's bad for their metabolism, and has been associated with developing type 2 diabetes in children. They need to learn how to drink water and have milk with their meals.

The only time I have given my kids juice is if we are going on a field trip in the summer. I will pack Capri Suns because it is almost a guarantee that they will drink them and this will keep them hydrated.
              I serve milk and water only but as far as juice goes, it's allowable under Food Program rules so its totally acceptable to be served. Like all things the key is moderation.

Comment

Like most, I do milk at meals and water any other time.
                VERY VERY rarely do I do juice, and if I do, I make it myself. I bought a juicer many years ago and will make juice with the kids, and they love MAKING it more than actually drinking it :P

Comment

Normally I do milk or water for breakfast. As for lunch and dinner mostly water. But on weekends I like to give them some fresh juice, just for change so to say.

Comment

I'd serve apple and orange juice with breakfast sometimes. Rarely grape juice. It just depends on what it is for breakfast. Can't have juice with syrup, way to sweet so milk then. Water for lunch and milk for anything else.

Comment

Milk and water seem the most popular. I personally loved getting chocolate milk as a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Anne Ross View Post
                        Milk and water seem the most popular. I personally loved getting chocolate milk as a kid.
                        Welcome to the forum.
                        Last edited by Michael; 06-11-2023, 02:33 PM.

Comment

We're on the food program at our center here in Alabama and we serve milk for breakfast and lunch and juice on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Friday's for afternoon snack & milk on Wednesdays and Monday's for afternoon snack.

Comment

Working...
                        X