Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toys for 12 - 18 Months

What does everyone have for toys in this age group. (The youngest age I accept is 10 months but gear this area for 12-18 as I rarely end up with super young ones)

I currently have:
    wooden blocks (different shapes and sizes)
    tree branch blocks
    wooden animals
    wooden vehicles
    play silks
    wool babies
    small wool items (I don't know how to describe them w/o coffee in me, bunting dolls I guess? Sized to fit in their hand)
    wooden ring stacker
    wooden cup stacker
    wooden house stacker
    books
    pocket wall hangings

I do have some little people items but am hoping to ditch these and replace with something else.

What does your room have?

Originally posted by childcaremom View Post
    What does everyone have for toys in this age group. (The youngest age I accept is 10 months but gear this area for 12-18 as I rarely end up with super young ones)

I currently have:
    wooden blocks (different shapes and sizes)
    tree branch blocks
    wooden animals
    wooden vehicles
    play silks
    wool babies
    small wool items (I don't know how to describe them w/o coffee in me, bunting dolls I guess? Sized to fit in their hand)
    wooden ring stacker
    wooden cup stacker
    wooden house stacker
    books
    pocket wall hangings

I do have some little people items but am hoping to ditch these and replace with something else.

What does your room have?
    I have pretty much everything you described too but I also have a large floor mirror (they LOVE looking at themselves) a toddler table and chairs and a climber.

Comment

How I wish I could redo my whole playroom to include these kinds of things instead of plastic. I've got some of these items but not nearly enough.
      What about musical instruments?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
        I have pretty much everything you described too but I also have a large floor mirror (they LOVE looking at themselves) a toddler table and chairs and a climber.
        Love the idea of a mirror. Not sure where to get one, though, that I can afford. I think I've seen them, but from the US, which would cost me a small fortune in duties and taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post
          How I wish I could redo my whole playroom to include these kinds of things instead of plastic. I've got some of these items but not nearly enough.
          What about musical instruments?
          I went a little overboard when I first started out. Spent tons of $$$. But I also made a lot of the stuff that we have. I sort of envisioned making and selling stuff as a side gig at one point.

Instruments! This is one area that is sadly neglected here. Thanks!

Comment

A Toy Garden is a wholly family-owned and operated Waldorf and natural toys company based in Pennsylvania. Waldorf Parent owned! We offer an extensive line of art materials, all-weather gear, books, craft kits, Waldorf dolls, and organic toys.

I so wish I could afford stuff from this place. Love it!!!

Comment

They love to dump things at that age, so maybe some baskets of smaller items for dumping and filling.

Comment

http://www.atoygarden.com/index.cfm?category=16

I so wish I could afford stuff from this place. Love it!!!
                Lots of beautiful things on there!

Comment

Toy companies that are minimal plastic

Check out this link I found:

My husband and I really didn’t want a bunch of plastic toys littered all over our house. It was one thing that we both felt strongly about when I was pregnant. Then I started doing more resea…

I know there is more out there but this is a wonderful list and breakdown.

Comment

I absolutely love some of these toys on the sites mentioned. Do you think they're worth the money? Looking at them I sooo want to buy one nice thing at a time, as I can afford them and replace the crappy plastic toys I have. Just don't know if I can afford it.
                    I fell in love with the 4 earth elements block puzzle set. Can't remember how much it is (250+)but I know my eyes popped out of my head.

Comment

I absolutely love some of these toys on the sites mentioned. Do you think they're worth the money? Looking at them I sooo want to buy one nice thing at a time, as I can afford them and replace the crappy plastic toys I have. Just don't know if I can afford it.
                      I fell in love with the 4 earth elements block puzzle set. Can't remember how much it is (250+)but I know my eyes popped out of my head.
                      I bought a ton of natural toys when I first opened. Things I would not buy again include wooden cars. Hardly get used. So sad b/c they are so beautiful.

Having said that, everything else gets played with. Playsilks were the best investment. These are used all the time. Soft toys: bunting babies, waldorf dolls, etc are the second best. I have wooden play foods, kitchen accessories, tools, puzzles, etc. My husband and I made stacking toys that have held up really well. Wool balls (easy to make, too).

Check out etsy. I found some really unique items there. Some shops even offered a discount if I was making a purchase of a certain amount. I know they have the element toys on there.

I think they were worth the money. It was a huge expense but each pay I set some money aside to spend on toys. A bit here, a bit there. They are all heirloom quality and will last for a long time. And they make me happy to look at and be around Seems silly but I like being surrounded by natural items. Pleasing and soothing.

Comment

Originally posted by childcaremom View Post
                        Love the idea of a mirror. Not sure where to get one, though, that I can afford. I think I've seen them, but from the US, which would cost me a small fortune in duties and taxes.
                        I'm getting mine at Home Depot. (online only) Acrylic; way cheaper and several sizes to choose from!
                        "Be careful what you teach. It might interfere with what they are learning."
                        -Magda Gerber

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                          BC, what climber do you have? I've wanted these foam large pieces for climbing...
                          "Be careful what you teach. It might interfere with what they are learning."
                          -Magda Gerber

Comment

You guys, this page/thread should come with a warning

Seriously I'm in love lovethis with so many of these wooden toys! And since I haven't purchased many toys yet, I feel like I can justify maxing out a credit card to get all these things

Comment

I have considered going to all wood toys but the expense is daunting. I have been picking up a few here and there as I find good deals.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X