Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by melskids View Post
    WOW! I first posted this question in 2010.

A LOT has changed for me since then.

I am now 100% child-led & play based, highly influenced by aspects of Reggio Emilia. (I love Waldorf and Montessori too!)

And to think, three years ago, I couldn't even spell it. LOL
    Oops! Sorry! In my earlier responses, I didn't notice the original posting date!

It is amazing how much a person can change over time when they really want to learn something, isn't it? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by nothingwithoutjoy View Post
      Oops! Sorry! In my earlier responses, I didn't notice the original posting date!

It is amazing how much a person can change over time when they really want to learn something, isn't it? :-)
      It sure is! I'm not even CLOSE to the same person I was 3 years ago. LOL That's what I love though.....being on a journey of constantly learning and evolving...right along side of the children.

And thanks for posting. I had never heard of The Little Ones of Silent Movies. I'm going to have to check that one out! I have mostly toddler sin my program, and you're right, you don't find as much info geared towards them.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
        I think in a way, it would fit RE but the biggest aspect of this approach is that the child is viewed as being an active constructor of knowledge...rather than being seen as the target of instruction.

I think you "could" incorporate the theme "red" into your lesson-plan but it wouldn't necessarily be considered something the child was interested in learning about unless you let them control what activities and what things they wanted to know and learn about red....kwim?

LOL!..Re-reading this makes little sense... I'm sorry....I don't know how to explain it (atleast not at the moment... ) If you go to the site I linked to http://www.reggioalliance.org/faq.php and visit the FAQ section, it really does a good job of explaining what I "think" you are asking about....especially the philosophical questions.
        Ahh thanks BC, I do see now. I like the approach, just don't see how that part would work for me ... I'll definitely take ideas from it though

Comment

I know this thread is older....

I reopened in the spring after a short closure and am really inspired and interested in letting children take the lead in their learning. I am drawn to the Reggio method and also the Montessori and Waldorf approaches, as well.

I am ordering the 2 following books:
          Emergent Curriculum
          First Steps Towards Teaching the Reggio Emilia Way

to help me get a more definitive idea of this approach.

My group will be mostly young toddlers (1s) and one older (3). I have seen a lot of blogs, articles, set ups, etc for older preschoolers but not a lot for younger children. Does anyone have experience with this?

Can I gear this approach towards the youngest ones or is it more suitable for the older children? I guess I am thinking that I would like to research and get in gear for the group as it ages.... but can I start now with them?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
          x
          x
          Working...
          X