Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glenechogirl View Post
    OMG thanks for sharing!!! So many pics I could be looking for hours!!! So many ideas!!! I want to go shopping now! Here's another amazing blog full of ideas and inspiring pics:
    http://howwemontessori.typepad.com/

Man, the first thing I saw on this one was that Otis sleeps wherever and whenever he wants! HOLY CR**

Magda Gerber advocated a similar approach, and I respect that it might work for some people, but not in a MILLION,TRILLION years would I ever do it, try it, or even think about trying it. Luckily, I don't have babies of my own, so I guess I can stop being all shocked.

Comment

Originally posted by Heidi View Post
      Man, the first thing I saw on this one was that Otis sleeps wherever and whenever he wants! HOLY CR**

Magda Gerber advocated a similar approach, and I respect that it might work for some people, but not in a MILLION,TRILLION years would I ever do it, try it, or even think about trying it. Luckily, I don't have babies of my own, so I guess I can stop being all shocked.
      I saw that too but I assumed the blog was about how we Montessori AT HOME....not daycare.

Heck, could you imagine how easy (hard?) daycare would be if we just let the kiddos all lay down and sleep anywhere and at anytime they wanted?!?! Or eat whenever, where ever and run amok?!?! ::::::

....a whole new meaning to Montessori!!

Comment

There is actually a montessori school where we do our observations, and beleive it or not the baby beds are on the floor in these really cute little beds. They crawl to bed or get put in there when they fall asleep. I think i Have some pics I will try to upload it so you can see.

I have my son sleep like this as well since he was about 10 months and its not so bad. More children get hurt crawling out of their crib and falling on the floor. For my daycare I like the pack n plays becase its just me here and i wouldnt want the kids wandering around the room, but if they are all one age and you have enough help then its pretty cool, if a montessori environment is what you want.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sprouts View Post
          There is actually a montessori school where we do our observations, and beleive it or not the baby beds are on the floor in these really cute little beds. They crawl to bed or get put in there when they fall asleep. I think i Have some pics I will try to upload it so you can see.

I have my son sleep like this as well since he was about 10 months and its not so bad. More children get hurt crawling out of their crib and falling on the floor. For my daycare I like the pack n plays becase its just me here and i wouldnt want the kids wandering around the room, but if they are all one age and you have enough help then its pretty cool, if a montessori environment is what you want.
          THAT is what I want to achieve someday!! That kind of environment!!

My dream is actually to get Montessori certification and open an affordable Montessori school/daycare in my area.
          Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

reviving old thread

I know this is a very old thread, but I was wondering if anyone has had any success with implementing Montessori principles into their home daycare.

I am currently working as a public school teacher in NC. I would like to open up an in home daycare in the 2016-2017 school year and use a Montessori approach. I am not looking to get Montessori certified. I already hold both NY (prek-6) and NC (k-5) teaching licenses as well as a master's degree and a National Board Certification in Literacy. I may pick up the birth - k add on for my NC license because it's only a matter of taking a test. But I would love to implement a lot of the Montessori principles. I like what Echomom said about being a "Montessori inspired home daycare." Ideally, I would like to offer affordable Montessori inspired daycare for teachers. But being that I'll probably be paying my grad. school loan for the rest of my life I can't afford to be paying for another full certification in anything.

I've been looking for a workshop or a highly recommended and practical book but I can't find anything.

Comment

Originally posted by countrymom View Post
              I would love to go in one day and see what they do all day. I have some things that are mont. and I found that the locks (lock and key and you need to try to open them easy dollar store find) is a really really big hit. The problem being is that most of my kids are under the age of 2, so I'm not sure what to do with them. To take the course is 5000 dollars, and clearly I don't have it.
              Just read an old thread - I'm bad

I run under 2's only also... I am set up similar to the Montessori NIDO (known as a nest)... Most people know Montessori Preschools; My home is for infants, no swings, no highchairs (I do have seats at the table for 4 babes), many of my toys are handmade and wood, I also have board books that start the kids learning abut Art ( Little Masters), we do music etc, just all geared to babies, No TV, just soft music thruout the day. And yes, I even have floor beds for the older ones (crawling age & up).

Comment

Montessori preschool

I think a Montessori school is great for young children. Not all children learn the same and they offer a wide variety of learning techniques.
                Last edited by Michael; 04-28-2018, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Montessori is great if you really want your child to excel in learning. They offer different learning techniques that will enhance the skills of your child.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
                  x
                  x
                  Working...
                  X