Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a Normal/Minor Injury at Daycare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the investigation has been concluded. They said that the findings were not substantiated (for the allegation of supervision issues). Video footage was observed, and they said that it did show the teacher observing my son being scratched but intervening as soon as it happened.

The day it happened, I was told by the daycare that the teacher didn't see it. Strange...

Dangerous kid to be inflicting that much damage in a short period of time under the watchful eyes of the teacher.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans View Post
      Well, the investigation has been concluded. They said that the findings were not substantiated (for the allegation of supervision issues). Video footage was observed, and they said that it did show the teacher observing my son being scratched but intervening as soon as it happened.

The day it happened, I was told by the daycare that the teacher didn't see it. Strange...

Dangerous kid to be inflicting that much damage in a short period of time under the watchful eyes of the teacher.
      It is sad that this child was able to hurt another so swiftly and yet the child is still in attendance.

It will cost the center as parents start to realize that the directors friend's child gets special treatment.

We don't always get the results we would like to see in terms of investigations but I am still glad you reported it.

The fact that they were investigated will remain in their file so while not much happened this time, it doesn't mean the results or findings won't be different the next go around.

Keeping an aggressive child in care just because of the relationship between parent and director is a dangerous practice so sadly there will probably be a next time.

It might just be a learning moment or a time of reflection so they (center staff) can better supervise and intervene so that other children don't have to suffer any type of physical aggression from others in the center.

Hoping you found a better, safer care environment for your child.

Comment

I guess the issue is all about supervision. Try to find other safer environment for your child.

Comment

Working...
        X