No announcement yet.

Opinions: Is This Normal for One-Year-Old Classroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I work in a toddler room, mine are mostly soon to be two or two. I cannot imagine getting mine to sit still for any amount of time with nothing to do! I do think a little structured time is appropriate. We sing, talk about weather, read story and do a craft--lots of coloring, dot painting, and things that are very easy for them to do. But not all at once, this is spread among free play, outside time, am snack, lunchtime. After nap until pickup time is all free play inside or outside depending on weather.

Comment

That certainly sounds strange. When I worked in toddler rooms in the afternoon, we avoided messy activities late in the day, but they certainly weren't sitting still on a rug. We'd do songs or read books or dance or something.

Originally posted by Silly Songs View Post
      I'm glad I have never worked in a center I had to mop the floors.
      Wait, so did you guys eat over carpet or was it just not your job to clean the floors? Because I always found vacuuming food out of carpet to be a million times more obnoxious than mopping. Although I'm wondering what Cat Herder's center was feeding for snack since I've never need to mop after snack? (Well, except that time when we had apple juice and I dropped the big apple juice bottle and flooded my floor, but that was 100% me)

Comment

Working...
      X