Confidentiality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ConcernedMotherof2 View Post
    On the privacy issue, you only have a case if you have an order of protection (or PFA or whatever your state calls it) against your child's father and/or his mother. I don't know what state you're in, but in every state I've been in, the father has as much right to the child as the mother. As far as the dc trying to give you children that were not yours and not asking for ID, you shouldn't be using that dc anymore--I know I would have taken my kids and ran. That is a major issue and you have to wonder about the safety of your child in their care. I don't know if you have a case for a law suit, you'd have to ask a lawyer about that, but you definitely have cause to report the dc to DCS. I hope this works out for you--keep us posted.
    The father does have just as much right to the child as you do if there is no court order what so ever. The grandmother, however, does not. The worker does need to be punished and you need to talk to the social worker or the supervisor, or hell go higher. If they have a main office go there! Confidentiality is very important because they do not know if the individual picking up that child has or could harm the child. I do however think that you need to figure out what is going on in that situation for the health of your children. Just because you have a new boyfriend does not mean that they don't have a father. He deserves his children especially if he has been in their lives before!!!!!

Comment

You realize this thread is close to 3 years old, right?

Comment

Originally posted by mac60 View Post
        VERY WELL SAID, I agree, some type of statement was warranted. I know I wouldn't take my child back until I knew some of the details, not names, but basic statement just so I knew it would be ok to return.
        I agree. As a mother I would absolutely want some sort of explanation. Names aren't necessary maybe just someone fell or got hurt or maybe it was an asthma attack or something. I too would be worried that maybe this affected my child in some way, not only health wise. I can only imagine that seeing someone get hurt or have an attack or something bad enough to call 911 would have some sort of impact on my child and/or leave them with questions. I would expect some sort of explanation not only to ease my mind, but also to know how to handle the situation at home.

Comment

Yes, there could have been a damn standoff between an employee and the police. Wouldn't you want to know if your child was in a daycare such as this?? I would have busted in there. I

Comment

necropost

Comment

Working...
            X