No announcement yet.

Abusive Care Giver...?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Abusive Care Giver...?

    We have our daughter at a daycare here in MN and her second year is about to start. A relative of mine began working there and began telling stories of one particular teacher that loses their temper with the children. Yells at them and jerks them around by the arm and sometimes pushes. They're toddlers for crying out loud! The daycare has kept it quiet until my relative told us. Nobody else knows but there are teachers that won't work with this person. The teacher wasn't supposed to comeback but now is and there is no way my daughter is going to be in the same building. I don't want this person near any of the other kids whose parents don't know the truth. Who do I start with to get this 'teacher' out of this daycare?

    Side note: Oh, my relative found this person was coming back after being told he wouldn't be and told the people in charge that my wife and I where going to hear everything. So now we have. Help us please.
    Last edited by Guest; 09-02-2007, 06:27 PM.

  • #2
    Monitoring of Daycare Childcare

    I sounds like this caregiver is abusive and the facility should be liable if this is premitted to continue after the owner was aware of potenial problems. Suggest you contact your state's licensing agency. They would pay them a visit and make them aware of violations.

    Discover the steps to launch a daycare in Minnesota. Essential guidance on licensing and creating a nurturing environment. Start your childcare business with confidence.

    Child Care Licensing Agency
    Minnesota Department of Human Services
    Division of Licensing
    444 Lafayette Road North
    St. Paul, MN 55155-3842
    Phone: (651) 296-3971
    Fax: (651) 297-1490

    Child Abuse Reporting
    To report suspected child abuse in Minnesota, call county law enforcement office or any county Department of Human Services.
    For national child abuse information, call Childhelp®, 800-4-A-CHILD (800-422-4453), or your local CPS agency