Summer Schedule Letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Schedule Letter

I'm really bad at writing letters. I am in the process of making the summer schedule and I have 2 families that the moms are teachers. The kids will be coming 1/2 of the time. The thing that drives me nuts in the summer is that they always let them sleep in and then bring them about 2 hours later than normal. Therefore, it screws up nap and it interferes with our morning activities. Also, if they're only going to be here partial day, I would prefer that they leave early instead of come late ya know? Does anyone have a great way to get that across? Thx!

Originally posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
    I'm really bad at writing letters. I am in the process of making the summer schedule and I have 2 families that the moms are teachers. The kids will be coming 1/2 of the time. The thing that drives me nuts in the summer is that they always let them sleep in and then bring them about 2 hours later than normal. Therefore, it screws up nap and it interferes with our morning activities. Also, if they're only going to be here partial day, I would prefer that they leave early instead of come late ya know? Does anyone have a great way to get that across? Thx!
    Yep.

If I am in a situation like that and want to limit the hours, length and days in which a child can attend (for times I KNOW they are not doing anything other than working) I only offer them specific space such as:

M/W from 8:30 until 3:00 or T/TR from 8:30-12:00.

Something like that.

I offer drop in care but ONLY in blocks of time. If I were you I would present them with options that work for YOU since they are teachers are home so you know you aren't restricting them from being to work on time.

I will help you draft a letter if you PM me the highlights or options you want to offer them.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
      Yep.

If I am in a situation like that and want to limit the hours, length and days in which a child can attend (for times I KNOW they are not doing anything other than working) I only offer them specific space such as:

M/W from 8:30 until 3:00 or T/TR from 8:30-12:00.

Something like that.

I offer drop in care but ONLY in blocks of time. If I were you I would present them with options that work for YOU since they are teachers are home so you know you aren't restricting them from being to work on time.

I will help you draft a letter if you PM me the highlights or options you want to offer them.
      Thanks BC, the 2 families that I am talking about the one normally comes 8:15-4:00 and the other one is typically about 8:00-4:30. I don't even mind if they come and stay until their normal pickup times, but when they don't bring them until 10 or so then that is what gets me. They figure that they're shortening their daycare day and spending time with them, but I would prefer that they shortened their day with me at the end of the day if that makes sense. If they're going to be here 6 hours, I would prefer that they were here from their normal drop off time until say 3:30. Gives me a break at the end of the day instead of the beginning. I hate to dictate too much because they are paying $35 a day no matter how many hours they are here.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
        I hate to dictate too much because they are paying $35 a day no matter how many hours they are here.
        You have every right to dictate that. ALL of it effects your daily routine as well as the other children in care.

I would have absolutely no qualms about writting a letter telling them they MUST drop off by a certain time or they will be refused care for that day.

You can offer up the suggestion to pick up early if they say they want more face time with their child. Face time in the afternoon works just as well as it does in the morning.

Comment

I agree with BC. And really are they getting more face time or just letting the kids sleep?

Comment

for this very reason, I don't allow drop off past 9am. Even to me that is still too late, but it is the latest that I will allow someone to drop off.

I would explain to the families, to keep everyone on our scheduled routine, no drop offs will occur after _____________. if your child is not here by this time, they will need to stay home for the day.

or something like this. With my program if they are not here by 9am, then I don't allow any drop off to take place until after lunch. Which stinks because the child will be so out of routine and have to nap the min they get here.

Just messes up our whole day no matter how you look at it.....

Comment

Originally posted by kathiemarie View Post
              I agree with BC. And really are they getting more face time or just letting the kids sleep?
              That was ny thought.

If you want them to be able to use the whole day, I would do like daycare does and set a drop off time limit. Mine is also 9am.

In winter it doesn't affect our schedule, but the kids miss SO MUCH if they arrive later. In spring/summer/fall, we aren't guaranteed to be here so it's more of a 'drop off by 9 or find us!'

Comment

Do you have other kids that are non-teacher families that get picked up later? If so, then yeah, I'd make a no drop offs after 9 rule. If not, then I'd do as BC suggested and have "summer hours" with the day capped at 2:30 or 3pm.

Comment

I have a few teacher families who come 2-3 days a week. I offer care for a specific time period on those days. I require drop off by 9:30am and pick up by 3:30pm.

Comment

Originally posted by AfterSchoolMom View Post
                    Do you have other kids that are non-teacher families that get picked up later? If so, then yeah, I'd make a no drop offs after 9 rule. If not, then I'd do as BC suggested and have "summer hours" with the day capped at 2:30 or 3pm.
                    My kids are all dropped off between 7:30 and 8:30 and picked up anywhere from 4:00 - 5:10 right now. I don't mind at all if they are here all day, but if they are going to do shorter hours, I would prefer that they take the time off of the afternoon as it is less disrupting.

Comment

Working...
                    X