Infant Got Hurt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtof4 View Post
    My son is not walking or crawling yet. One of the times he was in an infant chair and an older baby threw toys at him. The next time they claim a bottle fell on his head. The last time he got hurt he was in a infant bouncer/activity set and they said that he hit his head on it which caused 2 cuts on his forehead and bruising around it. BTW I did take pictures and went to the doctor the last time. The doctor said he would have had to hit his head pretty hard to get a cut and bruising like that on an infant bouncer. I have the same one at home and he has never hit his head on the toys to cause injury.
    First of all, if you are in Cali and your provider was using an exersaucer, that is a violation of license regs.

Secondly, if your child was seen by a doctor for injuries that occurred at child care, your provider is required, per licensing regs, to report an "unusual incident" within 72 hours.

What county are you in?

Comment

I live in IL. She gave me a incident report paper 2 days later.

Comment

I live in IL. She gave me a incident report paper 2 days later.
        hmmm....your location says California, hence my reason for the info I posted.

Those are significant injuries. I would not pay, and I would call licensing.

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal View Post
          hmmm....your location says California, hence my reason for the info I posted.

Those are significant injuries. I would not pay, and I would call licensing.
          Thanks for all of your advice. I don't know why it says CA when I have not done a profile yet.

Comment

You're welcome. Good luck

Comment

My son is not walking or crawling yet. One of the times he was in an infant chair and an older baby threw toys at him. The next time they claim a bottle fell on his head. The last time he got hurt he was in a infant bouncer/activity set and they said that he hit his head on it which caused 2 cuts on his forehead and bruising around it. BTW I did take pictures and went to the doctor the last time. The doctor said he would have had to hit his head pretty hard to get a cut and bruising like that on an infant bouncer. I have the same one at home and he has never hit his head on the toys to cause injury.
              After reading this I would second Crystal's advice. A child of your baby's age should not have injuries like those, nor should he be left in a situation where older children (or anyone for that matter) would be able to throw things at or around him or drop things on his head .

From my POV as a parent, I would also be concerned that they have been keeping him confined and thereby delaying his crawling. I can't remember any baby I've had over the years who was not at least crawling by 8 months.

The Department of Children and Family Services is who you would contact in Illinois should you decide to pursue a complaint against this provider.

Comment

wow, pull him out now. I'm sorry that happened to your ds. There is no way a child can hurt themselves so bad in those saucers that would result in cuts, he would have to also have wiplash from flinging himself around. And a bottle fell on his head, whos bottle, was it a glass bottle and why was it there.

Comment

My 8 month old son got hurt at his daycare on 3 separate occasions within a couple weeks.. The injuries resulted with multiple scars and some bruises on his head. All of these times I was not called or notified untill I went to pick him up. Needless to stay I did not give the daycare notice and withdrew my baby and his siblings from the daycare. I did sign a contract saying that I needed to give a one month notice for withdraw but under these circumstances I felt I needed to take them out. I felt that either they were not watching the baby or lying to me about what really happened or both. Also if they were not watching the baby who knows if they were monitoring the other kids. Now this daycare provider is threatening to sue me because I won't pay the month that I didn't give notice for withdrawing my kids. Is this a normal process for a parent who withdraws children due to injuries and possible neglect?
                  I agree with YOU withdrawing your children. Obviously something's not right. You are not required by any law (even with a contract) to keep your child in an unsafe situation. In fact, had you left them there, YOU could have been charged with abuse/neglect if something more serious happened, so you have definitely done the right thing. I'm so sorry you are going through this. I wouldn't pay this woman a dime and tell her to go right ahead and sue...that you WANT to take her to court. Also, due to the situation, I would also have contacted CPS and explained what was up. GL to you!

Lynn (Former DC provider)

Comment

Working...
                  X