Question about facility requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about facility requirements

Hi, I am looking for a space to purchase/lease in order to open a child care center in NJ. I am going to look at a place later today and was wondering if a finished basement can be used as classrooms?

Originally posted by eperez View Post
    Hi, I am looking for a space to purchase/lease in order to open a child care center in NJ. I am going to look at a place later today and was wondering if a finished basement can be used as classrooms?
    Here is a link to the regulations for New Jersey

Learn how to start a daycare in New Jersey. Navigate licensing requirements and create a nurturing environment for children. Essential steps for launching your childcare business.

Comment

I've looked but I see no specific reference to a basement

Comment

I've looked but I don't see any specific reference to a basement

Comment

Originally posted by eperez View Post
          I've looked but I see no specific reference to a basement

From what I've read it appears any physical location is acceptable IF it meets the requirements to obtain a certificate of occupancy from the municipality.

I'd call your licensing offices and ask. Centers usually always have much higher standards or at the very least more technical rules for operation than in home child care's have.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
            From what I've read it appears any physical location is acceptable IF it meets the requirements to obtain a certificate of occupancy from the municipality.

I'd call your licensing offices and ask. Centers usually always have much higher standards or at the very least more technical rules for operation than in home child care's have.
            Thank you

Comment

Working...
            X