Capacity Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capacity Question

My state allows up to three children without being certified or licensed. The families (two families, the husbands are brothers) each as one child, and one of the families has their second on the way...putting me at 3. The other family is looking to possibly have another child in a year or two. If so, that would put me at 4. Is this okay since they are part of the same family, and they are requesting that I care for their additional child? Is this something that a written contract would suffice and stand up in court in terms of being "over capacity"? I am new at this and would like any advice I can get!

I would think if you're allowed up to 3, it wouldn't matter if the children are related to each other. If you're over 3 kids, you'd need to be registered or licensed. Are the children related to you? In some states, that does make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockgirl View Post
      I would think if you're allowed up to 3, it wouldn't matter if the children are related to each other. If you're over 3 kids, you'd need to be registered or licensed. Are the children related to you? In some states, that does make a difference.
      I agree. If the law is three and you have four it is likely you are breaking the law. I wouldn't plan on a baby that isn't on the way yet. Lots can happen.

Comment

We have the same law here, and it's not OK to be over capacity for any reason. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
        X