Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parent Advisory Board

Hi,

My name is Mary Ann. I want to start a parent advisory board. Can someone direct me to some resources or give me an agenda to follow on. How to start one.

Thank you

Welcome to the forum. We've had the same question here before with no comments. Perhaps some knows something about this and will chime in.

Comment

Originally posted by kandahma View Post
      Hi,

My name is Mary Ann. I want to start a parent advisory board. Can someone direct me to some resources or give me an agenda to follow on. How to start one.

Thank you
      I am not sure what you are looking for, but several years ago CCRR formed a group that consisted of an FCC provider (me:, a center provider, a pediatrician, head start participant, mayor, commissioner, etc. in our local county. We met every month for about 6 months but it just disintegrated due to NO interest. It was set up to be a community-based circle of resources to be shared with parents. They also tried to come up with ideas to educate parents on certain topics medically, how to choose child care, how to be a better parent, etc. Bottom line is, most parents, community members, even myself just didn't have the time or make the time to be involved....:confused: I think there are centers here that also have parent advisory boards for their particular daycare center which assist with ALL decisions regarding the daycare. I wish you the best!

Comment

Parent Advisory Board

Hello,

I a Director of a Day Care. I am looking to get NAEYC accredited and would like to start a parent advisory committee to help with decisions about the center and plan events.

I have 4 parents who are interested. I am not sure how to conduct my first meeting. I need some help.

Mary Ann

Comment

Here is one that's mission is special needs but it is in Michigan and their structure is available to see: http://wash.k12.mi.us/specialed/pac.php

Comment

Hello,

I a Director of a Day Care. I am looking to get NAEYC accredited and would like to start a parent advisory committee to help with decisions about the center and plan events.

I have 4 parents who are interested. I am not sure how to conduct my first meeting. I need some help.

Mary Ann
            I have been NAFCC accredited twice but it was strictly for Family Daycare so I didn't have to have an advisory board. Good luck with your NAEYC Accreditation... I know of centers in the neighboring county that have went through NAEYC!

Comment

Hello,

Mary Ann
              When I worked for Head Start, they had monthly parent advisory board meetings.

Head Start is also accredited by the NAEYC so maybe contact your local Head Start program and ask them.

They would be a wonderful resource to partner with for that.

Comment

Working...
              X