Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need Help to Start a Daycare in Washington

Hi Michael,

I'm not new to this Forum. I've been a member since 2011. I don't own a daycare yet. The reason I registered here was I was planning to start a daycare here in Washington and was hoping to get some help from here on how to start up. My biggest problem is I just renting an apartment and the apartment is too small for a daycare. I was looking at getting to take care only for 2 to 3 children. Do you think it is possible for me to get approved? Can you walk me through how to start up? What do I need to do first? Thanks.

OrientMom

You would have to see what your state's licensing rules are. You can look them up on the home page of this forum and most state's also have their own website with documents/things needed to be done to get licensed.

Here, we can get registered/licensed for 6 or 12 and have to have so many square feet per child, but we can also apply to be licensed for fewer children if we don't meet the square footage for the 6 or 12 children.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by OrientMom View Post
      Hi Michael,

I'm not new to this Forum. I've been a member since 2011. I don't own a daycare yet. The reason I registered here was I was planning to start a daycare here in Washington and was hoping to get some help from here on how to start up. My biggest problem is I just renting an apartment and the apartment is too small for a daycare. I was looking at getting to take care only for 2 to 3 children. Do you think it is possible for me to get approved? Can you walk me through how to start up? What do I need to do first? Thanks.

OrientMom
      Here is the contact info for your state.

All the info you need as far as contact people, application and requirements information should be in the link.

Starting a daycare in Washington requires careful planning and adherence to state regulations. While this may seem overwhelming, with the right tools, and using sites like Daycare.com as a resources, along with the thousands of daycare owners in our forum, you have all the tools you need right here!

Of course, reading and participating in the daily forum discussions can be beneficial as well.

Comment

Working...
      X