Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth it? Business in CT..

Hello all,

I just spent quite a while reading through some of the threads and you all seem to be full of wonderful ideas and information. I just turned 24 and have some college experience. I have been torn between returning back to school and/or opening up (to start, at least) a small daycare at home in 2015. I will be moving in January and would be prepared to look for a new home with proper space.

Currently, I am a full-time Nanny and part-time visiting "Nurse" (by training, I'm not a RN). I have worked with children in various settings in the past and also have tremendous clinical, administrative, managerial and marketing/sales experience.

Ultimately, this is my decision but it's great to speak with people like you all with experience in the field. Is owning a daycare worth it? Financially? Emotionally? I'd love to hear more about all of your experiences. Is it best to start at home before moving into a larger facility? Are all of the legalities way too stressful? Should someone even consider not being licensed to start with something small? Anyone in Connecticut? Would you suggest focusing on the business as opposed to going back to school? Did you receive grants? How hard was it to start things up?

Clearly, I have a ton of questions.
    Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    JM

you have to really want to do it. i love kids but having them in your home for some times12 hours a day is overwhelming. The parents really are selfish. If you have kids of your own you can never take them anywere. I have done childcare in my home 3 different time and end up closing after a year every time. Im so glad to be done in 2 weeks. its a great income but Id really think about it cause its a huge commitment way more than being a nanny. I was a live in Nanny for 12 years.

Comment

Working...
    X