planning my daycare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planning my daycare

Hello all! My name is Debbie and I live in Ontario Canada. I and my DH are planning on opening a small daycare in the next few years (following the rules of a home daycare). The plan is to buy either a ranch home with a large basement, or an upper/lower duplex. Either the basement or the lower apartment would be used as the daycare (with DH an I living in the upper apartment if we buy the duplex). I would be the one who works directly with the kids, while my DH helps behind the scenes (cooking, shopping, maintenance, snow removal, yard work, after hours cleaning, etc). He'll be retired at that point and available as needed (with plenty of time to follow his own pursuits).

Meanwhile, we are saving money like mad for the down payment (target is 25% so that we avoid the CMHC fees) and I'm trying to decide whether I should start taking ECE distance classes now. I'm likely going to be working through an agency (YMCA or Early Years) when I start out so I could wait to begin classes until that time (and have more money in savings). I worry that like some other courses, the requirements will change (increase), and distance learning will no longer be an option for ECE if I wait to begin.

Anyway, glad to be here and see how others run their daycares. It's been very eye opening.

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Welcome to the Forum... I'm also from Ontario, I have been on this site for a while now and I have to say it is one of the better ones ... The ladies on here are great group.

Good luck to you....

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X