No announcement yet.

Help With Parent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to go! Hoping pick up goes smoothly :-)

Comment

Originally posted by cara041083 View Post
      Yes I sent the text:

Me: I stated that per my contract, since ***** will be here 3 hours out side of the 9 hour contracted shift, there will be a $15.00 charge per hour totaling $45.00 that will need to be paid at pick up tonight.

Dad responded with: Why didn't you tell me this at drop off this morning if it was not ok to bring her or that their would be a fee.

Me: I apologize, however when you showed up 2 hours before your contracted time, I assumed you understood the contract. If you need another copy please let me know and I can give you a copy of the one you signed tonight when you pay the hourly fee.

Dad replied. "Yes please give me a copy of it and I will pick up at 3 when I get off before I head home to get my son off the bus.

Me: Ok I will have it ready. If you would like to discuss this further, we can tonight at pick up. Thanks

Well will see what happends
      Nicely done!!

Comment

Yes I sent the text:

Me: I stated that per my contract, since ***** will be here 3 hours out side of the 9 hour contracted shift, there will be a $15.00 charge per hour totaling $45.00 that will need to be paid at pick up tonight.

Dad responded with: Why didn't you tell me this at drop off this morning if it was not ok to bring her or that their would be a fee.

Me: I apologize, however when you showed up 2 hours before your contracted time, I assumed you understood the contract. If you need another copy please let me know and I can give you a copy of the one you signed tonight when you pay the hourly fee.

Dad replied. "Yes please give me a copy of it and I will pick up at 3 when I get off before I head home to get my son off the bus.

Me: Ok I will have it ready. If you would like to discuss this further, we can tonight at pick up. Thanks

Well will see what happends
        These clients will NEVER think to drop off or pick up outside of their contracted schedule :::: lovethis

Comment

Even though he's picking up early today (3:00 instead of 5:30) I would charge him anyway for bringing 3:15 earlier than normal. You said that he came at 6:15 instead of 9:30. That is a huge amount early. I wouldn't care if he picked up at 3:00 or not. He broke your contract with him and he would be paying. What a inconsiderate family.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
            Even though he's picking up early today (3:00 instead of 5:30) I would charge him anyway for bringing 3:15 earlier than normal. You said that he came at 6:15 instead of 9:30. That is a huge amount early. I wouldn't care if he picked up at 3:00 or not. He broke your contract with him and he would be paying. What a inconsiderate family.

How rude of them to just presume they could come that early!

Comment

I like your thinking! Right now I charge $15.00 an hour outside of my 7:00-5:30 hours (I only allow a child here for the 9 hours a day regardless of opening and closing time, then the hourly rate goes into effect) So I can text them and refer to the contract and say Please be aware that after 9 hours a day my hourly rate goes into effect. Please bring the $45.00 that will be owed at pick up" Im sure they won't do it again
              Perfect

Comment

I believe this belongs to OP. happyface
                Attached Files
                - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

I'm excited to see how this pans out today! I have had a mom do that to me but it was only 20 mins. She texted me and I didn't see it until I woke up 5 right when they both arrived! She figured it was ok since another DCB came then. It wasn't a big deal except I'd overslept because my DS was up all night for some reason. It was just a bad experience. They've since left and I'm glad because mom was really stretching those boundaries. But it's also my fault because I made exceptions for little things here and there.

Anyway, I'm glad you're sticking up for yourself. I would reiterate that you didn't say anything at drop off because you were kind of shocked and confused as to what was going on when he showed up.

Comment

I take a child at 6:15 and my normal drop-off times are between 7:00 and 9:00. This family pays $5 per day ($25 per week) extra for that extra time. If they have to pay it then I would expect all of my families to pay it if they needed to drop-off earlier. Just because I already have someone coming before open doesn't mean everyone gets to. I expect to be paid big time dinero for every child that needs to be dropped off before 7 just the same as I expect to be paid big time dinero for any child that needs picked up between 5:00 pm and 6:00 pm.

Comment

Thanks ladies!! Im not really mad, Im just shocked that he would assume it was ok. I worked outside the home for MANY years. I never would have done this type of thing to my daycare lady, or any of the other issues I see that parents do. Maybe she "trained" me well. But the things these parent do make no sense to me at all! I would never do what I see these other parents do. Im glad I have this site to turn to when I have issues and don't feel alone :hug:

Comment

Thanks ladies!! Im not really mad, Im just shocked that he would assume it was ok. I worked outside the home for MANY years. I never would have done this type of thing to my daycare lady, or any of the other issues I see that parents do. Maybe she "trained" me well. But the things these parent do make no sense to me at all! I would never do what I see these other parents do. Im glad I have this site to turn to when I have issues and don't feel alone :hug:
                        Did he pay when he picked up or assume because he was "early" it was okay?
                        Do you think they will show at their contracted time today?

Comment

Curious as to how it went too.

Comment

It wasn't bad at pick up. I did charge him 15 for the extra hour and I explained to him that if that time worked better for him we could change his contracted time, but there would be a fee for me to open up before 7. He is gona speak with his wife and let me know today. But my hubby works with him and said he's one of those guys that try to get everything for free if he can. So I don't think it will be an issue again .

Comment

Working...
                            X