Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Background Check

Hello all,

I'm a licensed home childcare provider in Texas and I'm engaged to a man that has two felonies which are considered "absolute bars". I'm wondering if any of you have husbands or partners with felonies and what has been the restrictions placed on you by the state of Texas. I'm wondering if the end result would be that he simply could not be present when daycare children are in care or if we will need to rent a completely separate residence from the one in which I operate my daycare after we get married since living separately won't be an option.

I understand this question may offend some of you, but I happen to have fallen in love with someone who made some mistakes in his past. I just need to know what happens after we get married and he moves in and I run the background check. If anyone has any experience with this. I'd appreciate your input. I know I can consult with licensing or my field rep, but in want to hear from those who've been through this before.

Thank you,

Sandy

I don't know about TX but in CA they have "exemptions" they can place on your license and if parents call to find out your licensing history they would be notified that you have an exemption on your record. I don't think they say what it is though.

Eta- exemptions are approved by licensing and depending on what the offenses are they may or may not approve it.

Comment

An absolute bar does not qualify for an exemption. If you know that he has an absolute bar match you will have to be able to prove that he does not reside in the home. Even if you said he wouldn't be present, if his physical address was the address of the child care home it could still place children at risk. Have you thought of doing a small child care center instead? That way your child care business is separate from your home. I have seen child care centers that had seventeen or fewer kids maximum.

Comment

Working...
      X